Complaint Review: Walmart Credit Card

• Walmart Credit Card
    www.walmartcreditcard.com
    Roswell, Georgia

Walmart Credit Card "ripoff-Late Fee Scam" Roswell Georgia

I received my walmart credit card bill last month and sent off a $50 payment to pay off the account for the month. We receive the next month's bill and discovered that the payment was not credited on my account. Instead of the $50 that we sent, a payment of $7.99 was credited on my account.

Calling the customer service number was a shock. They told me that if a account number is not on the check, they just credit any account until someone complaints. This was their explination for the $7.99 payment on my account. They have no clue where my payment went.

I have never heard of any buisness operating in this fashion. Needless to say, I immediately cancelled this card and payed off the ballence in full.

Chris
Pipestone, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2004 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/walmart-credit-card/roswell-georgia-30076/walmart-credit-card-ripoff-late-fee-scam-roswell-georgia-81531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content