Complaint Review: Warehouse Deals Inc. and Amazon

• Reported By: Ripped Off — Kansas City Missouri USA
  • Warehouse Deals Inc. and Amazon

Internet
    USA

Warehouse Deals Inc. and Amazon Amazon Rental Forced To Purchase Rental Book That Was Already Damaged When I Received It Internet

I rented a book from a company owned by Amazon, Warehouse Deals Inc.  The book was for a science class that I was taking on line.  I only used the book at home on the table and never carried it out anywhere.  When I received the book, it was not in the best condition.  The binding was coming off some and as I turned pages, I noticed that it was in bad condition.  However, since I was at home, I figured that I could use it still and send it back.  I did not know what Amazon meant or did not see any information at the time that if the book was in a bad condition, I should return it.

At any rate, I still felt that I could use it because I would not be going to a class or anything but would just be at home on the table.  I returned the book at the proper time.  About a month later, I received an e-mail from Amazon that the book was returned in a non-usuable condition and that they would be charging me the full price for the book.  There is no one to contact.  I cannot reach out to customer service.  No number.  No e-mail I can send info to.  I replied back to the e-mail I received but I have no idea if it goes to a person or not.  My only recourse was to look on line and see if maybe they had another complaint.

I discovered that they did in fact have another complaint from Ripoff Report.  The second item that came up in my search window.  So I decided to add to it.

Some additional information:

I am a Pastor of a church and have no reason to attempt to rip them off.  I purchased the book later because I decided that I did want to have it in my library.  If the rental book I had would have been in good condition, I would have kept that one.  The $93.05 that they will be charging me is not going to bankrupt me, however, it is the principle.  I am going to use every avenue I know to make others aware of this scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2017 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/warehouse-deals-inc-and-amazon/internet/warehouse-deals-inc-and-amazon-amazon-rental-forced-to-purchase-rental-book-that-was-alr-1393445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content