Complaint Review: West Bay Acquisitions, LLC

• West Bay Acquisitions, LLC
    P. O. Box 8009
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    United States of America

West Bay Acquisitions, LLC Rip Off from West Bay / Hollywood Video Cranston, Rhode Island

*Consumer Comment: West Bay Acquisitions appears to be a SCAM

I have received 2 notices that I owe $ 39.98 for videos that I rented back on the 27th of March 2009. which I returned later. and later on, I bought one of the videos.  I went on-line the check West Bay Acquisitions, LLC and found out that they have had scamming issues and complants before.

So anyone getting a notice like this, beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/west-bay-acquisitions-llc/cranston-rhode-island-/west-bay-acquisitions-llc-rip-off-from-west-bay-hollywood-video-cranston-rhode-island-941696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

West Bay Acquisitions appears to be a SCAM

AUTHOR: NoSoap - (USA)

Lots of people in Rhode Island and Massachusetts have been getting these letters.  They appear to be a big scam.  Thanks for warning us.  If you get a letter, saying you have late charges from HOllywood Video, report it to the Attorney Generals' office...that's my advice and opinion.

The amounts they ask for are small, and I think they are counting on folks to say "oh well, I"ll just pay it."

I'm just speculating here, but it sounds like a former employee, or the friend of one (Hollywood Video or another video rental store) got ahole of a customer list and is sending out fake notices of payment due.

Sigh.   YOu have to be SO careful these days...there is a scam around every corner.

Thanks for posting this...