Complaint Review: Westgate resorts

• Reported By: Deidra — Baden Pennsylvania USA
  • Westgate resorts

, Florida
    USA

Westgate resorts Company did not respond to me, or my lawyers letter. The resort is burned down that we were supposed to stay at last year. Did not grant us a refund, tried to ask us for more money!! Florida

*Author of original report: Response

*General Comment: If all else fails, read the contract

Planned a vacation last year with west gate resorts. Daughter unfortunately broke her elbow 3 days prior to trip. Had medical papers, etc. was not granted any type of refund. Had to pay more money for an extension. Was supposed to travel this summer to resort. Which is now burnt down. Called for refund, lawyer sent letter. No responses. Wanted us to once again pay more money. I'm devastated. No money back at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2017 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/westgate-resorts/florida/westgate-resorts-company-did-not-respond-to-me-or-my-lawyers-letter-the-resort-is-burne-1386750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Response

AUTHOR: - ()

Vanessa Baden pa Yes the doctor forbid travel! You can not go and enjoy a water park with a cast. I did file in there state of residence. The fires burned the resort to the ground. And was not paying more money to stay elsewhere. Should have refunded money. And yes I can read!

#2 General Comment

If all else fails, read the contract

AUTHOR: Pablo NLV - (USA)

So you paid money to your attorney, and your attorney sent a letter to Westgate Resorts.  There is no state or federal statute requiring Westgate Resorts to respond to your attorney's letter.  If you want action, file a complaint in the county where the resort is located.  Regarding the elbow injury, did the doctor forbid travel?  I wouldn't think an elbow injury would disqualify one from going to a resort and enjoying the accommodations.  When the resort burned-down, I believe your contract requires the Developer to provide a substitute week at that or another resort of your choice, If the Developer decides to provide a week at that specific resort, then he must wait until the resort is available for occupancy, before issuing a certificate for accommodations.