Complaint Review: World Gym ASF International

• World Gym ASF International
    640 Plaza Drive #300
    Internet Highlands Ranch, Colorado
    United States of America

World Gym ASF International Automatically billed monthly after 2 year contract was over. They make it almost impossible to cancel. Internet Highlands Ranch, Colorado

I signed a 2 year contract with World Gym in September 2008. I didn't get to use it that much so after the contract was up I didn't think about it. Then I got a bill in the mail for 2 months dues. I guess I threw the first one away because it was from ASF and I didn't know that that was the finance company for Word Gym.

I called them and they refused to cancel it. They said that in the contract it states that I will be charged monthly after the 2 years is up. I can't say if it was in the contract or not. Geez it was over 2 years ago. They already made a ton of money off of me, why can't they just cancel it? Iwas told I had to give them a 30 day notice and pay the bill before theycan cancel it. So, if I send the check and tell them to cancel it it won't be within the 30 days to the next billing period. They didn't give me any reminders.

I'm sure this would have been on my credit card if I haven't switched credit cards. I know I can pay online but I don't want them to have my credit card info for I have seen some of the complaints. I will have to get a money order and send it in and hope it gets in before the next billing cycle. I feel like a have been robbed. I don't know if this is legal or not but it is certainly unethical. How do they sleep at night?

What can I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2011 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/world-gym-asf-international/internet-highlands-ranch-colorado-80129/world-gym-asf-international-automatically-billed-monthly-after-2-year-contract-was-over-678722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content