Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Worldcom Wireless
    P O Box 5211
    New York, New York

MCI Worldcom Ripoff Never Used

I received a phone call offering a cellular phone plan. At the time it seemed like a good deal and so I agreed to receive the phone in my husbands name.

The told me the phone would arrive soon and I could look over the phone and plan and make my decision. They told me that I had a thrity day trial period.

Once the phone arrived, I inspected the contents and the agreement. The agreement said that usage of the phone meant activation of the account.

I shopped around and found out that this plan was not the best plan that I could get. So I never used the phone. I tried calling the number that they gave me for assistance so that I could see how I needed to return the phone.

Every time I called I got the answering service telling me that 'due to the high call volume they could not answer my call, ... please try your call again later.' This was every time I called no matter whether it was the middle of the day or night.

So I returned the phone and thought that was the end of the situation. Since then I have received two bills that show that no minutes were used. I have sent them a letter detailing the above and asking for them to contact me.

I have not gotten any correspondance concerning my letter, however I received another bill today that includes a third month of billing without usage of any minutes.

Tracie
Shreveport LA

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on MCI Worldcom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/worldcom-wireless/new-york-new-york-10087-5211/mci-worldcom-ripoff-never-used-13095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content