Complaint Review: Worldwide Rebates - Rebate Center - Rebate Processing

• Worldwide Rebates - Rebate Center - Rebate Processing
    P.O. Box 129330
    San Diego, California

Worldwide Rebates Theft By False Pretese San Diego California

I bought a KVM from TigerDirect to which there was a $20 rebate offered with the sale. Because I don't like rebates, I prepared a letter to send to this rebate center(Worldwide Rebates a California Company) that included a copy of 532 (a) of the California Penal Code(Theft by false pretense). I specifically told them in the letter that I wanted only the $20 stated in the ad, and that I did not authorize any charges against this rebate or production of any product or service.

Recently I received a notice that I'm going to be soon receiving a visa credit card with $18 a credit on it. The letter I sent had been colorized with a big red box around 532, and it was witnessed by one of my fellow students. I'm a criminal justice major, and I wanted to see if they would perform a criminal act, and they did. The witness is a cop-want-a-be. He mailed the letter not I. He too signed the letter! It doesn't matter that the ripoff was for two dollars; it wouldn't matter if it was for one penny it is still a theft.

Any rebate is a ripoff. That's the whole point to the rebate. They want to make it difficult for people to get their money back. In this particular case it appears that this company is stealing a small amount (10%) from many many people. That makes their act an expression of greed because 100,000 rebates is a profit of $200,000.

It is illegal to threaten a criminal action in a civil case, so I've decided to do nothing! Also I do not wish contact from TigerDirect because I can't identify their mens rea. If TigerDirect knew that Worldwide is habitual, then I would be interested.

Jcdvp
Guerneville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/worldwide-rebates-rebate-center-rebate-processing/san-diego-california-92112/worldwide-rebates-theft-by-false-pretese-san-diego-california-467514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content