Report: #921971

• Reported By: jackie8445 — Houston Texas United States of America
  • www.safecart.com

Internet
    United States of America

safecart.com crashed my computer for $40 when I could not pay the requested $175 fee , Internet

*Author of original report: SafeCart customer service

*UPDATE Employee: SafeCart Charge

When I was attempting to down-load an application of an updated map from Garmin-Nuvi (that I was entitled to) a pop-up came on the screen asking me to click on for help. I mistakenly assumed it was from that company. It wasn't & once the safecart person took my $40 & pitched me on needing his $175 service. When I refused & found out they were not part of Garmin agent hung up on me. my computer crashed & I have to return it to HP for repair. I could not reach anyone at safecart for 48 hours. They are running a "call-room" whereabouts unknown) & person who answered 2 days later (only "up"/open 3 hours a day, time zone??) offered me a one-tme, fix it right now fee of $90 - I refused & "customer service" hung up on me. luckily I paid thru PayPal & they talked me thru complaining + stopping any recurring/indefinite charges. A TOTAL RIP-OFF! Shame on safecart!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wwwsafecartcom/internet/safecartcom-crashed-my-computer-for-40-when-i-could-not-pay-the-requested-175-fee-in-921971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

SafeCart customer service

AUTHOR: jackie8445 - (United States of America)

I will try this number posted in your rebuttal & attempt to reach you (the represenative who signed the rebuttal). The only number I had was only good for 3 hours a day. It was to a call room & once I did get in touch with someone at that number, they only offered to charge me a one time charge of $90 to fix my computer. My computer would not go online, so how could they take control & fix it? If it would not even boot up? HP is in the process of sending me a label. The fees I paid to them to overnight me reformat discs (to factory start) would not work. So because the computer is so new & under warranty, it has to go back to them to be repaired/put back in working order.

SafeCart Charge

AUTHOR: CustomerSupport - (Canada)

Hello,

SafeCart is one of the Internet's leading payment processing services. We are sorry to hear of any problems you have encountered with your transaction/purchase, and please understand that we do take your complaint seriously. In regards to your complaint, please contact us at SafeCart, and we will be more than happy to assist you. You can reach our customer service at 1-855-432-0727 (M-F 6am to 5pm PST) or through email at customerservice@safecart.com.

Warm regards,