Complaint Review: XLIBRIS Publishing Company

1663 Liberty Drive, Ste. 200
    Bloomington, Indiana
    United States of America

XLIBRIS Publishing Company SCAM Publishers Bloomington, Indiana

After spending 2+ years putting together my late stepfather's WWII memoir, including photos, captions, dialogue and researching other unit members who were motion photographers during the Italian Campaign and served with him, I was very happy that the promise I made to Burke that I would publish his book I was able to fulfill.  THAT was my dream.

Now for my nightmare -- From start to finish, dealing with Xlibris! We purchased the top of the line package deal which pretty much included everything. Their editors can't spell and we spent HOURS correcting their edits! The quality of the paperbacks -- we ordered hard cover and paperbacks -- was despicable!!! Pages torn, stuck together, words missing, the cover was urine-yellow -- they misspelled the author's names on the binding as well as the front cover, no returned phone calls, being brushed off constantly by their "manager," we had to send boxes of our books back several times with post-it notes showing where they screwed up -- we still have boxes left of books we're too embarrassed to sell or even GIVE away because the quality of their publishing and printing STINKS big time!

Like the other complaints against Xlibris, my royalties wouldn't even buy me a cup of coffee at Starbucks! Meanwhile, Xlibris, Amazon, online book sellers and other venues have made mega bucks and I've seen next to nothing in any royalties. I recently received a check for $3. Whoopee!!!

As an author who spent over $5,000 from start to finish at Xlibris, I haven't even come close to half of what I paid.  Dealing with Xlibris was a total nightmare!  I reported them to the Better Business Bureau a few times but never got anywhere.

So author beware...Xlibris is only out for themselves!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2012 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/xlibris-publishing-company/bloomington-indiana-47403/xlibris-publishing-company-scam-publishers-bloomington-indiana-977031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content