Complaint Review: 7-Eleven

• Submitted: Wed, June 03, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 05, 2009

• Reported By:Ormond Beach Florida
7-Eleven
520 S ATLANTIC AVE ORMOND BEACH, Florida U.S.A.

7-Eleven 7-Eleven ATM Stole My Money Ormond Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Private ATMs

*Consumer Comment: Your problem is not with 7-eleven

I am about to cry today. I went to 7-eleven store to withdraw my last bit of money on this earth from my Paypal debit card to pay my past due water bill. I made the ATM transaction and when it was about to dispense the money, the machine hung up and never dispensed my cash.

I called the store manager over and his solution was to pull the plug from the machine and tell me the transaction probably didn't go through.

I went home and checked my Paypal and sure enough the money was debited from my account. So I go back to 7-11 and they tell me to call the ATM company number which I do and some guy asks me for the last four digits of my card. I give him the digits and he says he sees that the ATM never dispensed the money and that I will have to call Paypal and have them mail me some form he said is "Federal REgulation" and wait for the investigation. This will probably take six months.

My money is missing. I feel like somebody broke into my house and robbed me. I needed that money today, not six months from now.,

I'm at my wit's end with this.

-Frustrated in Florida

Fflorida
Ormond Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/7-Eleven/ORMOND-BEACH-Florida-321763217632176/7-Eleven-7-Eleven-ATM-Stole-My-Money-Ormond-Beach-Florida-458117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 7-Eleven

Private ATMs

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

In the future, you should avoid using these private ATMs that are commonly found in convenience stores and shopping malls. They're not owned by banks and are very loosely regulated. These independent ATMs make their money by charging transaction fees that are usually higher than if you used a bank ATM. On top of that, since they are independently owned, you have no idea who you are giving your account info and pin # to. There have been cases across the country where these types of ATMs were used to steal credit and debit card info for fraudulent purposes. Lastly, as you have seen, if there is an equipment problem, good luck getting the ATM owner to make good. Bank ATMs are monitored by video and the owning bank will usually refund within days.

Your problem is not with 7-eleven

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

They do not own or operate the ATMs, they simply lease the space to the ATM company.

Please bad mouth the right company, and not 7-eleven. The ATM company has messed up your money not the gas station.