Complaint Review: Aamco

• Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: floored2112 — Yorba Linda California
8840 Archibald Ave Rancho Cucamonga, California USA

Aamco Stay away unless you enjoy dealing with crazy Rancho Cucamonga California

I am writing this for my brother in-law who is a dedicated single father. Apx. 1 year my B.I.L. Jim needed a trans repair, so where did he go... AA....MCO. It broke down on him again and my wife and I had to help pay for it. We took it to our mechanic instead this time since he is a trusted friend of the family for over 20 years. When he pulled it out he stated that it needs a full rebuild. We did not believe it at 1st since he went to a national chain outlet.

Our mechanic saved the trans and still has as we deal with this matter. Aamco put a trans that belongs to a van, not a truck. The Ford dealer verified that all of our information was correct. Again I am helping Jim since he works nights. I called the Aamco mechanic first (Stacey) in which he replied that I am an (mother !@#$%$) and a few other names before saying he would not talk to me. Jim called and stated I would be acting on his behalf.

I called back and received the same treatment. I call Aamco Corp and the 1st person to call me back responded with " who is this you aint in our data base" and when I asked for his name he gave me a bogus ext. and hung up the phone. his name is Gregory Daise b.t.w. I went further up to Anna Wright who also had some attitude but not as bad.

I explained that she could handle it on a corp level and she threw it back to Jim. I called Stacey back and he threatened me to come down there. I received a call from the Rancho Cucamonga police since Stacey tried to say I was harassing him. I stated that Jim was on his way down and I was trying to have a reasonable conversation but that was not attainable. The officer immediately understood where we were coming from as the mechanic was spouting crazy all over the place.

The officer asked the owner of the Aamco shop for the paperwork and he said he would have it Friday at 5:00 yet on Monday he waived in my brothers face but would not let him view it. This will escalade further and I will keep you posted. I would not send my worst enemy to this place. I will say that Dave who works there was a very nice guy stuck in the middle of a lousy situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco-/Rancho-Cucamonga-California-91730/Aamco-Stay-away-unless-you-enjoy-dealing-with-crazy-Rancho-Cucamonga-California-1052716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco