Complaint Review: Acer America Corporation

• Updated: Fri, November 19, 2010

• Reported By: RandyT — East Chicago Indiana United States of America
Acer America Corporation
333 West San Carlos Street Internet United States of America

Acer America Corporation Brought a Acer laptop from College bookstore after three weeks it stopped working call customer support and was told I had virus and they wanted 200.oo+ dollars to fix or I had to buy GT virus protect Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Software issues like viruses are NOT a warranty issue

I brougth a Acer laptop from college bookstore to use for school after only three weeks the laptop stopped working called acer customer sevice, they told me I had viruses and they would fix the laptop for 200.00+ dollars, or I could but GT virus protection I did three hour virus scan with Mcaffe and it said nothing was wrong with laptop, I told acer and they did nothing, I fixed the laptop myself  then two weeks later I could only get a black screen and acer sent me some disks which did nothing, I called agaign and was told to send my laptop to TX and to paid for the shipping and insure it I refuse, acer has lied and hung up the phone on me serveral times they can not be trusted, I have spent 550.00 dollars for something that does not work and they will not refund me my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2010 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-America-Corporation/internet/Acer-America-Corporation-Brought-a-Acer-laptop-from-College-bookstore-after-three-weeks-i-663890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer America Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Software issues like viruses are NOT a warranty issue

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You need to understand that software issues like viruses are NOT a warranty issue. ACER was NOT responsible for your negligent use of the computer.

People often think they can get on the internet without any antivirus/security software. This is a BIG mistake, as you found out. You cannot get on the internet for even 1 minute nowadays without UP TO DATE protection.

As far as ACER not refunding your money, they are NOT obligated to! You didn't buy it from ACER, you bought it from the college bookstore, right? You had it only 3 weeks, right? This means you were in your normal 30 day right to return as with most purchases, right? So, WHY did you not return it to the college bookstore for a refund, or for them to send it in for warranty support? That is how it is supposed to work.

I can't believe you are a college student, as your post looks like it was written by a third grader. Maybe that is part of the problem here.

grateful