Complaint Review: Afni, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, October 10, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, October 13, 2011

• Reported By: Brandon — Dallas Texas U.S.A.
Afni, Inc.
1310 MLK Drive Bloomington, Illinois United States of America

Afni, Inc. Unlawful Collection Agency Bloomington, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: RE:

I have never, ever had a Dish Network account, and now that I know that they hired Afni, Inc. to do their dirty work, it looks like I never will.

Seriously, How can I owe $130 to Dish Network if I never started an account with them, much less give anyone authorization to do so?! Clearly, this is ID theft going on, and I'm being forced to pay the price, knowing that they're holding my credit scores hostage.

Considering that they have a history of harassing, bullying and unlawfully threatening debtors, and violationg F.D.C.P.A. laws in the process,  it's no wonder why their number of complaints by consumers are high.

I refuse to pay this bill in full, especially if this isn't actually mine.

I really need help with this one, because I'm about to go crazy with this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2011 05:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Inc/Bloomington-Illinois-61701/Afni-Inc-Unlawful-Collection-Agency-Bloomington-Illinois-786872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni, Inc.

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Send the collection agency a letter via certified mail stating:
Be advised that you are in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act for reporting inaccurate info. This is not my debt. If you do not remove this notation from my credit files within 30 days, I will file formal complaints with the Illinois Attorney General and the FTC.
==================
- If this fails too, your only recourse is to sue them for Fair Credit Reporting Act violations.
Don't give in to them. Make them validate the debt as yours or remove it.
Don't let them stall you by having you fill out ID theft forms. The burden to prove the debt is on THEM, not you.