Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Fri, August 15, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 15, 2008

• Reported By:Mobile Alabama
Alltel
alltel.com Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Alltel Alltel a dishonest company does not care about its customers Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: RE:

*Consumer Comment: No RipOff Here.

Ah, I am so relieved, I just finished my last payment on a 2 year contract I had with Alltel. I was with them before, got behind on my bills and ended up in collections paying a disconnect fee and usage fees to a collection agency.

That was 2001, In 2006 I had need of a new cell phone account and resigned up with Alltel. I chose them due to the fact that I had them on my credit report for the previous collection, paid every month on time.

I called them and asked on several occasions to report my account to Transunion, Experian, Equifax but no they would argue with me. They ONLY report to the credit bureaus if you are behind, not if you are paying on time.
Well, learned my lesson. Would it kill them to report an account in good standing. It should not be legal for them to report the delinquents and not the accounts that are good.

I am back with a prepaid account.
So glad to be rid of Alltel.
They dont care about me, sure they dont care about anyone but themselves.

Tawanda
Mobile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2008 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Dallas-Texas/Alltel-Alltel-a-dishonest-company-does-not-care-about-its-customers-Dallas-Texas-363189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Cell phone accounts are not revolving lines of credit....as such, they are not reported to the credit bureaus like credit card payments...They only get reported if you default.

You're right about going pre-paid....This is the way to go and get yourself out of the claws of the cell phone carriers.

No RipOff Here.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

A company is not required to report your account to a Credit Bureau. The only regulations have to do with, if they do report they must report valid information. So if you are on-time they don't have to report it, but if you are on-time and they report you as late that is illegal.

As to why they don't report. Generally a Cell Phone account is not considered a line of credit, so does not get reported on a regular basis if you are positive. However, they can report you as a collection if you are behind. It may not seem fair but it is legal and the way every other cell phone company does it. Not only Cell Phone companies, but also other utilities such as Electricty, Gas, Landline phone companies do the same thing.