Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, March 25, 2002

• Reported By:
Alltel
Cellular Services Pensacola, Florida U.S.A.

Alltel Cellular unethical liars

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: More tips...

*0:

They are a bunch of crooks! They did the same exact thing to us. $49 magically jumped to $59, even though we signed a contract stating we would only pay $49.00/mo. When I asked Alltel customer service about the price difference, they lied and said it was "taxes and fees."

They only honor contracts that favor them. Like the second one I was dumb enough to sign with a local dealer here called "Cellular Services", in Pensacola, Fl. I signed on a Friday afternoon and all weekend this new Alltel digital phone and service dropped calls and was full of static in all parts of town. We knew within 24 hours that Alltel would not work for us. I immediately called corporate customer service.

I was told I could only cancel in person, at the store, where I would turn in all my equipment and it needed to be within 3 business days. I got the phone on a Fri. and turned it back in on a Mon. They billed me $58 dollars and say their computer reads that I didn't turn it in till 2 days later. Of course, at the time, they would not give me any confirmation # or reference number to prove when I called in, returned the equipment or cancelled in person. Very interesting since their own customer service dept. said they WOULD give me a cancellation #, 2 days before. ***

They now tell me that my activation fee is nonrefundable ($25) and that this is stated on the contract. It is not written anywhere and was not disclosed, verbally, to me until after I cancelled and received a bill. All the statically, dropped calls we made on Sat. and Sun. to test the phone came up on the bill as normal, complete calls and I am being billed for them. Furthermore, Alltel's customer service people are rude, poorly trained jerks.

THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS! They need to be shut down. A class action lawsuit is very appropriate. They are unethical, liars. I am trying small claims court in the meantime.
Sharon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Pensacola-Florida-32503/Alltel-Cellular-unethical-liars-8214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

More tips...

AUTHOR: ruth - ()

former employee here...
i understand your problem, and unfortunately it is a common one. it sounds like you got phone at a dealer, which is something i WOULD NOT recommend to anyone. at a dealer (radio shack, circuit city, best buy, etc.) if you get the phone/service there, there is always an argument about where you take the equipment/phone to if you have a problem. the dealer will tell you it's not their problem b/c the service is thru alltel. alltel will tell you that since they sold you the equipment they have to service it. to an extent this is true. some manufacturers require that whomever bought the phone (radio shack for example) can be the only ones to send it in for repair.

back to the subject, the best thing to do (if you haven't already) is to contact the regional manager / president directly. if you contact them and tell them all the happened and express you anger, this may help.

gotta go, but hope this helps

#2 0