Complaint Review: Amazon Createspace

• Reported By: ian — United States of America
Amazon Createspace
seattle Internet United States of America

Amazon Createspace Amazon Amazon RipOff Under-Report Sales Internet

Unauthorized resellers (langtoninfo.uk.co and market media) were selling my books at 2-3 times higher price.  I knew they  were not authorized resellers, because I did not choose Extended Distribution Channel, and only one of my books was sold.

Createspace's executive office completely ignored this unauthorized distribution channel, and kept repeating I would get royalties.  I get $2.33 (while Amazon and Createspace get $7.72) for each book sale, and I was concerned about copyright/distribution rights.   I was shocked their responses and ignorance.

Createspace's executive office then said any one can go out and sell my books without my permission (TOTAL IGNORANCE).

Since I complained to Amazon/Createspace, they started retaliating me.  When I upload book, they just delayed publishing with numerous stupid reasons.

Then there you go.  Tim Ferriss signed contract with Amazon to publish his "4-hour chef", and the book is coming out soon.  Createspace claimed my book of slow carb violated trademarks.  Tim Ferriss applied trademark with "four-hour" which was refused and his trademark is "4-hour".  Further Tim Ferriss is not the one who created "slow carb diet" nor he has trademark for "slow carb".

Even if so, when you write a review of Tim Ferriss' 4-hour body book, there is no trademark by using 4-hour body.  (another sign of ignorance).

They removed my book without any opportunities.  So I complained with legal basis that trademark does not apply here, and if so why didn't they remove other books with same titles?  Why discriminate?

Amazon/Createspace behave they do not need to respond.  Their attitude was Amazon is Number 1, do what we say so. If not, we remove your account for life.  That's what happened.

I listed NUMEROUS ILLEGAL BOOK that are selling currently at Amazon, and asked them to remove. If not, I would file complaint.  Their response was banning my account for life.

Regulators have to regulate Amazon.  Amazon/Createspace's attitude tells this is not a company with future.

BTW, Amazon is being sued by Apple for trademark infringement of using "App store" (Apple's trademark)!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2012 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazon-Createspace/internet/Amazon-Createspace-Amazon-Amazon-RipOff-Under-Report-Sales-Internet-828109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon Createspace