Complaint Review: Ancestry.com

• Reported By: joveal — Alabama
Ancestry.com
Internet USA

Ancestry.com Deceitful Automatic Renewal of Subscription Internet

Back in 2011 I subscribed to Ancestry.com to perform some genealogical research on my family. At the time I intended a 1 year subscription only, did my research and stopped using the Acestry.com website and services. Unfortunately, I learned recently that Ancestry.com had automatically renewed my subscription and charged my bank accout approximately $155. I logged onto the site and went to the cancellation feature. I learned I could not get a refund because more than 30 days had elapsed since the renewal went into effect. I then read the fine print - stating that Ancestry.com automatically renews unless the account is cancelled. I did cancel, made comments regarding their deceitful practice and noted at the bottom of the page that by cancelling I agree to their terms and conditions - what a farce! I think that Ancestry.com is running a deceitful operation and one that should be shut down because of their fraudulent practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2013 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ancestrycom/internet/Ancestrycom-Deceitful-Automatic-Renewal-of-Subscription-Internet-1048173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ancestry.com