Complaint Review: Anytime Fitness

• Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: sglineck — Newberg Oregon United States of America
Anytime Fitness
112 N. 20th Ave., Cornelius, Oregon Cornelius, Oregon United States of America

Anytime Fitness Conveniently never receive cancellation letter and summons you Cornelius, Oregon

I wanted to share my experience with Anytime Fitness Cornelius, Or location. I was a member and on a contract. I submitted a letter in August of 2011 that in 30 days I would no longer be using the gym because I was moving more than 10 miles away. Recently, a family member was contacted by a collection agency and gave me a message to call Sue. I called Sue with Fairway collections and she advised me that I owe $1,400.00 for my membership and court fee's because they attempted to serve papers to my old address, which I no longer resided at because I moved. I explained to Sue that I cancelled my membership and still have a copy of the letter I mailed. She asked me to send her the letter, which I did, because she did Not show that a letter was received. Two weeks later I was served papers at my current address. After much time researching this matter it is apparent I am not the only person who has had this same experience with anytime fitness and letters are conveniently not received when sent. I am extremely disappointed that I did as I was told to cancel my membership and it is now to this point and this amount. I suggest that there be a standard cancellation policy that all franchises abide by in writing on the contract instead of referring to a website which then directs you to contact the club directly. Everyone should be aware of the poor business ethics and burden that comes along with anytime fitness.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 09:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anytime-Fitness/Cornelius-Oregon-97113/Anytime-Fitness-Conveniently-never-receive-cancellation-letter-and-summons-you-Cornelius-1025375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anytime Fitness