Complaint Review: Arcadia Financial Ltd

• Submitted: Fri, January 10, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, December 11, 2004

• Reported By:Rapid City South Dakota
Arcadia Financial Ltd
arcadiafinancial.com Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Arcadia Financial rip-off screwed others too Minneapolis Minnesota

*Author of original report: arcadia car finance SUCKS big time

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Need More Information

I was "forced" to take a loan with Arcadia because my car crapped out and the local Ford dealer made arrangements(thanks guys)

I knew in advance interest was 28%( I even joked with the guy that credit cards were cheaper at 19%....) but I really had no choice...I needed a vehicle for work. I eventually filed bankruptcy several months later after trying for YEARS to repay several debts that wouldn't work with the credit help companies I tried. The auto was included in the bankruptcy.
A
fter it went through, Arcadia contacted me and "suggested" that I could continue to make "voluntary" payments, or give the car back. I have continued the payments for almost a year and a half. Now a close friend has offered to help me get another car(cosign or loan me the money direct) am I stuck with anything if I tell them they can "have their car?"
Any help would be appreciated greatly....

James
Rapid City, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2003 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcadia-Financial-Ltd/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55440/Arcadia-Financial-rip-off-screwed-others-too-Minneapolis-Minnesota-40906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcadia Financial Ltd

arcadia car finance SUCKS big time

AUTHOR: Wesley - (U.S.A.)

arcadia finance kept wanting more money for they said extra insurance coverage we had a 2002 chevy avalanche one time they called and wanted 958.00 for the insurance and we did a check over the phone then everything went fine for about 3 months then they called up and wanted another payment,i told them that my husband was'nt home to ok it they got rude and said do you realize that you have a 30,000 dollar truck in your yard?i told them that yes i knew that anyway we didnt send them that extra money and within 3 weeks they came and repossed the truck they said we owed 22,000 on it then we got a letter saying they sold it for 14,000 and we owe them over 8,000 .

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Need More Information

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

Ok- I think I can help you out on this, but I need more information. As a former employee of Arcadia/TranSouth, and a current auto collector and bankruptcy filer, I think I know what I'm doing.

When you filed Bankruptcy, what chapter did you file? Did you reaffirm the auto or not?

If you did = then it is like no bankruptcy occured and you are obligated to make payments. If you want to give up the car, it goes on record as a reposession.

If you didnt- Technically you have no debt, thus Arcadia can take the car at any time. You need to speak w/ a bankruptcy specialist regarding this.

Hope this helps