Complaint Review: Arcadia

• Submitted: Thu, July 10, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 10, 2003

• Reported By:Torrington Connecticut
Arcadia
Minneapolis, MN Nationwide U.S.A.

Arcadia Financial rip-off scam Minneapolis Nationwide

Arcadia Financial would not accept checks in the mail and never debited my account correctly Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nationwide, USA, Worldwide .....

Arcadia only gave me one option when financing, ACH Debit from my bank account or checks over the phone. I set up ACH Debit. The first 2 months everything was fine. The next month they don't take my payment out then call me saying I'm late. So, I do a check over the phone, for a fee of course.

Over the next two years this happens continually. One month the payment comes out the next month it doesn't. The final straw was when they took out a current month's payment and the next month's payment 2 weeks early.

I continued to ask for a payment coupon so I could mail in checks, they refused. I finally told them to come pick up the car because I couldn't take it anymore. How is it legal for them to call me at work saying I'm late when they didn't take out the payment?????

After I told them to pick up the truck they harassed me fot 2 months. They finally did and a few months later sent me a letter saying the car was sold. I never received anymore calls or letters from them or a collection agency.

2 years later when I was trying to buy a house they reported to the credit bureau that I owed them $5000. They had continued to charge late fees and interest to the defict from the repo for 2 years. I didn't even think I owed them anything b/c no one called!!!! My credit score has been hurt drastically because of them!

There is currently a class action suit against them b/c I received a letter. Not sure what happened though.....

Terry
Torrington, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2003 09:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcadia/nationwide/Arcadia-Financial-rip-off-scam-Minneapolis-Nationwide-63341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcadia