Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture Homestore

• Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: Susana — Orange Park Florida United States of America
Ashley Furniture Homestore
1 Ashley Way Arcadia, WI 54612 Arcadia, Wisconsin United States of America

Ashley Furniture Homestore Ashley Furniture Industries Inc Furniture Purchased advertised as Leather... but is it? Couch bubbled, cracked and is peeling! Arcadia, Wisconsin

Hello Everyone,

Ashley Furniture appears to be a bad place to shop for furniture... especially when quality is in question. I happened to find another report on RipOff with a similar complaint... which is also worth reading.

Please read the email I sent out earlier today to the email address provided to me by the Ashley Homestore located at Distribution Center Drive in Charlotte, NC. This email came back as undeliverable and so did another 2 attempts at 2 separate instances... contact email appears to be a non-functioning email.

I attempted to call the Charlotte location again after the emails were returned to me but was on hold for over 30 mins with no success. I will be going to the BBB next.

Thanks for reading this report, name removed per Ripoff

To: "wecare@shopashley.com" <wecare@shopashley.com>
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2012 1:23 PM
Subject: Leather couch NOT leather

To whom it may concern,

We shopped for a leather couch set and eventually settled on a style provided through Ashley Homestore at the 2121 Distribution Center Drive location in Charlotte NC/704-831-6027. [continued below]....
.....

We are a military family so going into the store and working to replace our couch at that particular location is not an option since we are currently located in Orange Park, FL.

My original invoice # is: 10134620. The couch from the supposed advertised leather set in question is item #4920338, model #MA8WQR0, Serial #S350577112. Made by: Ashley Furniture Industries Inc. Hwy 346 West Bldg#229 Ecru, MS 38841 USA... Team #E216.

Along with this purchased set: couch, chair and ottoman we bought a leather care kit through Ashley and a 5 yr full coverage extended warranty through Ashley for Montage.

First I called Ashley Furniture Industries Inc Customer service at 800-477-2222. Customer Service passed me onto Customer Affairs where I spoke to Andrew... who told me that each Ashley Homestore is individually owned and that I need to contact the store where the original purchase was made... that they advertised leather so they were responsible. Second... I called Ashley Homestore Customer Service on Distribution Center Drive and I spoke to Joyce. She was attempting to help me but unfortunately the item was discontinued by the manufacturer... which of course was Ashley Industries... so I called them back. Third... I called Ashley Industries Customer Service back... they again suggested I speak to Customer Affairs where I spoke to Kathy. Kathy's response was that the manufacturer's warranty had expired and that they did not have a replacement (although they were the manufacturer) d/t item being discontinued and because I had purchased the 5 yr extended warranty that the Ashley Homestore on Distribution Center Drive needed to handle this, if they could, because EACH HOMESTORE SELLS WARRANTIES AT THEIR DISCRETION. Back to square one... manufacturer does not back up their product. Fourth... I called the location in Charlotte... Joyce said she had hoped the manufacturer would help me but the only alternative now is to call Montage. Fifth... I called Montage... closed for the Holidays.

Ashley Furniture Industries Inc produced a product they said was leather... but it is NOT. Here are pics to show what the couch looks like... leather does not bubble and peel, nor does it feel like synthetic under what was supposed to be leather.
We would appreciate help in having this product replaced. We were in the market for leather furniture for longevity...

Thanks,
named removed per Ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture-Homestore/Arcadia-Wisconsin-54612/Ashley-Furniture-Homestore-Ashley-Furniture-Industries-Inc-Furniture-Purchased-advertised-972847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture Homestore