Complaint Review: Aylon Technologies

• Submitted: Tue, March 25, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, March 26, 2003

• Reported By:tulsa Oklahoma
Aylon Technologies
P.O. Box 6049 Elizabeth NJ. O7207-6049 Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Aylon Technologies rip-off Dishonest fraudulent billing Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Software fix

My wife and I Bought A new dell computor our first, turned it on logged on the net and was immededeatly hit with 30 or so pop up windows. new to a home computor was at there mercy tring to get rid of them, finally just turn the thing off and restarted. then the thing was dialing on to the net while we were logged off. finaly got help from dell on settings. but now I have a bill for $151.59 for 31 min of adult web content we no nothing about?

I did a google seach for this company and was amazed at what I found out.This is outlandish and unfair to new users of the web and should be considered As hacking> I now have some kind of desk top E thing and an acess thing, and a minidialer on my computor. I was using mcafee firewall and security and they still got around it

Can any one help with the deletion of this stuff. and tell me what we need to do from here?

Freddie
tulsa, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2003 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aylon-Technologies/Norcross-Georgia-30010-3299/Aylon-Technologies-rip-off-Dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Norcross-Georgia-50469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aylon Technologies

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Software fix

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

To get rid of the Alyon files, go to the following

As others on the Rip-Off Report have mentioned, downloading Spybot is a great way to protect your computer from trojan horses, worms, etc.

Spybot is freeware. If you are concerned about downloading a program you've never heard of, go to sites like PC World or others that have reviewed Spybot.

People need to be especially careful when using a dial up connection to access the internet. I would never log on to the internet using my home computer if I had a regular dial up connection. This is where you get into problems with spyware and pop up ads hanging up your computer and redialing these bogus numbers.

Antivirus software generally does not catch trojan horses and downloads that result from pop up ads. You need to get some sort of firewall program to do this. I use Norton Internet Security. It blocks pop up ads, has a firewall to prevent hackers from entering your system, and tools to prevent unathorized downloads. I use this in addition to Spybot.

Best of luck dealing with this matter.

j.b.