Complaint Review: BB&T

326 Mall Blvd Savannah, Georgia United States of America
  • Phone: 912-920-1614
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

BB&T Fraudulant Business Practices, Nonpayment of Debits, Erroneous Fees, ETC Savannah, Georgia

This bank has caused my husband and I a net loss of over $6000.00. This is in accumulation of erroneous overdraft fees, bank holds on payroll checks, and government issued checks. When the issues were brought to their attention, they have either swept it under the rug, and played like it was being handled by transferring me from department to department, then telling me that it would take 7-14 days to clear up and there was such and such paper work that would be mailed (paperwork was never mailed), etc. All lies.

On top of that there was the additional issue of a fraud case that happened (still unresolved). Keep in mind now that we had an "Identity Protection" account. I don't know what they were protecting other than their pockets because they continues to allow the same person to skim my account. Their argument..." We can't stop people from taking money out. You just have to keep an eye on your account." So what in the heck am I paying an extra $15.00 per month for you to protect my account numbers for if you continue to allow these people to get the account numbers?!

By the way, Should you need to speak to someone on the phone in reference to your account, they are merely a call center. they can only take notes and can not do much by way of helping you with your banking issues. Hence if you have a problem after normal banking hours you are out of luck. They not only cannot help you, they will not help you and are more than disgruntled about having to take your call. I truly feel that we have no recourse in this matter. If there is some way that we could recoup our loss, I would LOVE to take this bank to the bank!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2012 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT/Savannah-Georgia-31404/BBT-Fraudulant-Business-Practices-Nonpayment-of-Debits-Erroneous-Fees-ETC-Savannah-G-960473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T