Complaint Review: Bally Total Fitness

• Submitted: Thu, September 26, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, September 26, 2002

• Reported By:Wichita Ks
Bally Total Fitness
1237 N Vanburen Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Bally Total Fitness ripoff Milwaukee Wisconsin

Bally's is a rip-off. I joined this club in May of 1999 and wasn't able to pay the bill because it was way more than they said the payments were going to be.

I didn't want the bill to go on my credit report so I decided to see if I could work something out with them. They said that I could reopen the account and make monthly payments that I could afford. Shortly after that they offered me a Bally's credit card that would pay off my balance I owed and help me get good credit.
I said it was fine.

I had been paying my bill even though I was unable to go to the club because I had joined the military. I paid the bill down to $347.00. Wll I recently called there company to see why they had sent the bill to collection. The represntive said that they had opened up two accounts in my name when I specifically said no.

I think that they are rip-offs and the scum of the earth to do something as low down and dirty as this to a young girl trying to build up good credit. Now my credit sucks and I can't get a loan from anybody. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

pamela
Wichita, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2002 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bally-Total-Fitness/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53202/Bally-Total-Fitness-ripoff-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-31184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bally Total Fitness