Complaint Review: Bay Area Credit Services

• Updated: Fri, March 13, 2009

• Reported By:miami Florida
Bay Area Credit Services
bayareacredit.com/pay Nationwide U.S.A.

Bay Area Credit Services collection agency for ambulance charges california Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Name of ambulance service for your accident

Today I got a very aggressive "collection" type phone call....regarding an accident that occurred 5+ years ago. They had SS#, insurance names, date of accident...all very believable! They were not able to send anything on paper, they were just very aggressively directing me to a web site where a credit card payment could be made.

It all sounded possible, until the person on the phone became a bit hysterical at my disbelief. He started talking about sending reports to the credit bureau... and further charges that would accrue if the payment was not made on the spot.

I decided to check with my insurance company first.... and of course no such claims were found. I then went on the internet and found multiple reports regarding this scam.I was very relieved to know my instincts were right on the money!!!

Beware of scams....... tough times call for desperate measures!!

Ana
miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2008 08:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bay-Area-Credit-Services/nationwide/Bay-Area-Credit-Services-collection-agency-for-ambulance-charges-california-Nationwide-402939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bay Area Credit Services

Name of ambulance service for your accident

AUTHOR: Keith R. - (U.S.A.)

Ana,

I am having a similar situation with Bay Area Credit Services and was wondering if you could help me out with a little information if you don't mind. My Ripoff Report complaint number is 429156. Please read it if you have time. I was interested if American Medical Response was the ambulance service that transported you to the hospital the day of your accident? What I am trying to see if there is a pattern between Bay Area Credit Services and American Medical Response. Besides yours and mine, there are three other complaints registered against Bay Area Credit Services that have an ambulance service involved. I am trying to find out if there is a pattern to rip off people between these two companies. I am seriously considering suing Bay Area Credit Services (and American Medical Response if they are involved) in Small Claims Court if I can prove illegal collection practices. I just can't let these people get away with extortion, harassment and their threats. I hope you can help me.

Thanks, Keith r., Fletcher, NC