Complaint Review: Berman Investment Group

• Submitted: Mon, July 18, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, July 18, 2005

• Reported By:Lindsay Ontario
Berman Investment Group
bruceaberman.com Newport Beach, California U.S.A.

Berman Investment Group I ordered a book for $4.95US but was sent without my consent 4 CDs & told to pay $99.99 US. I phoned to say NO but was told I would have to pay all S&H + insurancece. I never ordered these 4CDS & I have to pay to return them They lowered priceto $85, I said NO. Lowered to $12-14. I got scared & thought it cheaper to pay that then $99.99. Ripoff Newport Beach California

Berman Investment Group I ordered a book for $4.95US but was sent without my consent 4 CDs & told to pay $99.99 US. I phoned to say NO but was told I would have to pay all S&H + insurancece if I returned all. I never ordered these 4CDS & I have to pay to return them They lowered priceto $85, I said NO. Lowered to $12-14. I got scared & thought it cheaper to pay that then $99.99. Their email said I owed them

I ordered a book for $4.95US from this Berman site. When it arrived , they also included 4 CD's that I never, ever ordered in the first place. I was advised to pay $99.99 US or I could return all.

I phoned but was told if I returned all, I would be responsible for all S & H charges plus Insurance. I objected & the price was lowered to $85. Still I said "NO" Then she dropped price to $12-14. I didn't know what to do. I was scared so I agreed to pay $14 to avoid a charge of $99.99US.

However, when their email confirmation arrived within minutes, the price was$14.90?? I felt I was being coerced deliberatly in order to get any amount of money out of me.

I live on a disability pension in Canada & I can ill afford to pay for merchandise I never ordered at all & won't use.They taped my conversation but I'm sure they edited out my objections.

Is there not something that can be done to get back my $14.90 US(at least $20-25 CAN)& to charge this group with internet fraud??? I'm so upset re even typing what happened to me that I'm shaking all over. This group?? is laughing all the way to the bank with ill-gotten gain. I'm furious that this group has been doing this scam to other innocent victims. It's time we victims struck back & knocked this group off-line permanently & put them behind bars.

Patricia
Lindsay, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2005 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Berman-Investment-Group/Newport-Beach-California-92660/Berman-Investment-Group-I-ordered-a-book-for-495US-but-was-sent-without-my-consent-4-CDs-150285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Berman Investment Group