Complaint Review: Best Buy - Household Bank

• Submitted: Wed, October 07, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, October 07, 2009

• Reported By: Cooper — California USA
Best Buy - Household Bank
http://www.hsbcusa.com/personal/credit_cards.html Internet United States of America

Best Buy - Household Bank Best Buy HSBC finance scam Internet

*Consumer Comment: The Part YOU Left OUT

Until you stop doing business with HSBC, I will spread the word to stop doing business with your company. What a total scam. Interest free, until HSBC manipulates the numbers in your account balance to find a way to charge 22% interest.

Shame on Best Buy for continuing to do business with HSBC. Have your researchers taken the time to read the consumer feedback and complaints on the WEB? It is the same issues over and over! Hundreds of complaints are filed. Many on Best Buy's own feedback page!

My wife and I both had accounts with Best Buy, We had auto bill pay set up for paying our monthly balance. A payment was accidently sent to my wifes account. A call to HSBC and it was resolved, so we thought.

Two months later, they sent the payment back in the form of a check. We were then placed into the 21.16% interest rate bracket and charged late fees and deferred finance charges to the tone of $163.60. My God, HSBC are shameful, and do not deserve to do business in the US. Really! I hate HSBC, and Best But for what they have done.

I am posting this e-mail on Facebook, along with copies of my statements so people can see what you do to your customers. I have also filed a Rip Off Report in hopes an attorney will take the case and come after you. You will loose much more than $163.60 in business this I guarantee!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2009 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-Household-Bank/internet/Best-Buy-Household-Bank-Best-Buy-HSBC-finance-scam-Internet-505731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy - Household Bank

The Part YOU Left OUT

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I've posted a couple of times about how bad hsbc is. I've called best buy's corporate offices to complain about hsbc. How it took 13 or 14 days for my payment to get from TX to CA and get credited to my account. All THREE times, they went back and refunded the late fees. Your post starts out with how bad hsbc is. Then goes after best buy for using hsbc. Then the fact that there are hundreds of complaints about both. Then you throw in the fact that both you and your wife had/have accounts with best buy/hsbc AND you had bill pay set up for paying your monthly balance. Out of this whole post, in one sentece you FINALLY admit, "A payment was accidently sent to my wife's account". YOU made the mistake, NOT hsbc, NOT best buy. Wasn't the non-payment reflected in your monthly statement? I've used those no interest accounts before. As long as the terms are met, there is no interest. Miss a payment and they whack you with the interest and late fees. Yeah, they screwed up again by not transferring the money over to your account, but, WHO made the mistake that started it off?