Complaint Review: Boost Mobile

• Updated: Sat, May 24, 2014

• Reported By: Dan Stevenson — Deltona Florida
Boost Mobile
Nationwide USA

Boost Mobile Did not honor account promotion of $50 for switching to Boost Mobile. Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: I agree to a Class Action suit!

On March 27th, 2014, I switched to Boost Mobile online to receive a $50 credit for switching.  Boost Mobile did not give the account credit as promised.  I activated both accounts online (my wife's phone as well) to receive the credit.  The credit never appeared on my statement or my wife's.  I called Boost Mobile on 5/24/2014, and they claim I activated the phones by calling in customer support and not activating online so therefore I could not get the credit.  The problem, I did activate the phones online at the boostmobile.com website, twice, for both phones.

Then, they tried telling me the phone was not a part of the promotion for the $50 credit, which is a lie.  I made sure the phone qualified for the credit as was listed at the BoostMobile.com website when I ordered the phones.  When that did not work in the spaghetti technique they tried, I talked with a supervisor and he made up a case # for each phone involved and said that someone would call me back in 2 or 3 days.  I talked with "Steve" and he would not give me his last name.  His employee ID is i552671654.

The technique they use is keep you on hold hoping that you will hang up and try to move on with your life.  It took me 1 hour to find out they have to make a case # and can't help me.

They owe my family $100 and the time, effort and rage it takes to battle for the money they should have credited to begin with.  I am upset and outraged.  Is the customer really always right?

I am willing to take part in any class action lawsuit and I may start this one.  I am providing my real name and I am a real person who has been taken advantage of by Boost Mobile, who is a real company trying to profit from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2014 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boost-Mobile/nationwide/Boost-Mobile-Did-not-honor-account-promotion-of-50-for-switching-to-Boost-Mobile-Nation-1149443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boost Mobile

I agree to a Class Action suit!

AUTHOR: Bina - ()

I would like to be counted in that suit if you start one!  Four days ago I saw a promotion online regarding $100 credit for new customers.  I called Boost and spoke to a sales rep.  During the call that lasted at least 10-15 minutes, I asked several questions about the promotion including how to receive the credit.   I Explained that I would be purchasing a phone that day 7/27/14.  The rep told me after I ordered the phone and received it, I should go online and activate the new account and that my account would automatically be credited $100.  So....I ordered the new phone for $500 plus dollars and received it today. I went online to activate the account but did not see anything for the $100 credit. So....I called Boost.  Today I was told that there was no promotion going  on now and that the  $100 promotion ended 6/30/14.  I told them I just spoke to their sales rep on 7/27/14 who in detail told me how to get the promotion. Not only did he NOT tell me the promotion was expired but he explained how to go online and get the credit.  I told them that the credit should be given because I was either lied to directly or the sales rep gave me false information.  It was not my fault and they should honor what the rep told me.  I told them they could pull up  the recordings too prove our conversation.  Of course, I got the same old sad customer service line of "I'm sorry but we can't do anything".  I will join you in a class action suit. After going online, I see I am not the only one who has been taken advantage of by Boost.  Their customer service is set up so that nothing can ever be resolved or no one is responsible.  I thought I would reply to you since you had a similar experience just a couple of months ago.  Thanks for reading. Ps like you, I am a real person based out of suburban Chicago.