justified

• Updated: Fri, February 15, 2013

• Reported By: Stuart — Frisco Texas United States of America
Bottarelli Research
Naperville, Illinois United States of America

Bottarelli Research Bryan Bottarelli, Bottarelli Research is a scam and ripoff Naperville , Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Bottarelli Research ,BR 1 Detractors/ Bashers 0

*General Comment: nonsense

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Official Bottarelli Research Response

Bottarelli Research in my opinion (and I am a lawyer) is a complete and utter ripoff and epitomizes the need for a site like the Ripoff Report. My client purchased their options recommendation service in January 2013.

It was discovered that: (i) the results of sizeable profits and profit percentages do not match reality, (ii) the entry prices are often unobtainable (unless you're sitting right next to Bottarelli in their offices, and sometimes the prices cannot be obtained in any event), (iii) the company and the individuals running it do not answer emails and do not return phone calls, and (iv) fail to honor their refund policy.  In other words, they provide no support at all, do not adhere to their promises, and literally "hide their heads in the sand."

Calls and emails were left unanswered and demands for a refund were met with deaf ears, yet their sales pitch specifically states:

Refund Anytime

...And were committed to your complete satisfaction. So heres our pledge to you If you are arent happy for any reason or if you feel this style of investing is too aggressive for you, just say the word. You can receive a prorated refund anytime during your membership term. No questions asked.

Succinctly stated, they have failed on that pledge miserably.  In my opinion, don't get near these people.  In my further opinion they are total cheats. Bottarelli Research will do anything in their power to rip you off in my view and experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bottarelli-Research/Naperville-Illinois-/Bottarelli-Research-Bryan-Bottarelli-Bottarelli-Research-is-a-scam-and-ripoff-Naperville-1010399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bottarelli Research

Bottarelli Research ,BR 1 Detractors/ Bashers 0

AUTHOR: Arthur - ()

I can’t remember how or why I got the Bottarelli volatility glossary and IV analysis in November, but I do remember that I was very favorably impressed with an investment advisory service that could lead to trading independent of market conditions and I announced to my family that I intended to trade according to the BR guidance system. I was cautioned by my daughter and her husband to be very cautious about considering BR because the service did not appear to have a very good reputation. They sent me the blog reports and their caution was an understatement. Stuart's blog was the first I came across, and I read it and the BR rebuttal. I resolved to determine who was correct and with the help of my secretary Erika, analyzed the entire BR performance record for 2013 from the beginning of the year till December 23rd. That analysis showed that Stuart's heated language and violent accusations are completely without foundation, and that the BR rebuttal is factual and verifiable. The rebuttal claimed a success rate (predicting wins vs. losses) of 75%. The analysis for the full year shows that the successful prediction rate was 75.6%. That puts paid to Stuart's accusations of "their percentages do not match reality", "it is a complete and other rip-off", "In my further opinion they are total cheats".

My next question to myself was: were the figures in the two-week sample cited in the rebuttal representative of what could be expected from the total sample? The answer is yes and no.As mentioned, the 75% rate claimed was correct, and the average success percentage of 24% (without the game-changing 196%) was borne out by the figure for the whole year (25.86%). The 196% blockbuster figure was matched by only 6 other instances of 100% or above, and therefore,does not qualify as a typical occurrence to be expected every fortnight. Aside from that qualification, the record for the whole year shows that BR can be considered a reputable, honest, skilled, and helpful service and Stuart's slanderous comments are completely unjustified.

#2 General Comment

nonsense

AUTHOR: fdover - ()

That person who complained was totally correct.  This guy gives himself a 10-15% head start and then advises to "take profits" when often as not there are none.  He inflates his "gains" and deflates his losses.  Messages to their helpline go unanswered.  Try calling the number in the Bottarelli's rebuttal ... see if anyone answers.  As for the 9 out of 12 gainers, I seriously doubt it.  This man's a crock.

Stay away if you're smart

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Official Bottarelli Research Response

AUTHOR: Bottarelli Research - (United States of America)

The posted opinion of Bottarelli Research is from a member who was only subscribed for 2 weeks before canceling. Judging our service for such a short period of time does not offer an accurate view of our trading record.

Furthermore, during the 2 weeks when this member was active, Bottarelli Research made gains on 9 out of 12 trades. For full disclosure, here is our complete track record during this period:

ENTRY DATE    TRADE                                  % GAIN (LOSS)
1/24               GMCR February 44 Calls         27%
1/25               GMCR February 45 Calls         24%
1/28               FB 31/33 Earnings Strangle    (-15%)
1/30               COP February 60 Calls            (-75%)
1/31               CSX February 22.50 Puts        23%
1/31               WYNN February 125 Calls       23%
02/01             GMCR February 45 Calls         15%
02/04             HLF February 40/50 Strangle  40%
02/04             BIDU February 100 Puts         196%
02/05             EXPE February 65 Calls          21%
02/06             GMCR February 45 Calls         22%
02/07             NSC March 70 Puts                (-39%)

Every entry and exit price in our track record reflects real, executable prices. To trade in volatile market conditions, Bottarelli Research offers numerous technologies (beyond just email, which is not 100% reliable and prone to delays) to deliver buy and sell alerts to clients immediately.

• iPhone + iPad app, which delivers alerts instantly via push notifications.

• Alert Auto-Notification on the Web, which automatically displays alerts and plays a sound without having to refresh the page.

• RSS, which updates the feed in any supported RSS reader when new alerts are published.

Bottarelli Research provides customer support via email.

• For technical issues, please email us at help@bottarelliresearch.com.

• For subscription and account questions, please email us at support@bottarelliresearch.com.

We also honor every single refund request, and issue prorated refunds according to our Terms and Conditions.

The former member who posted this complaint received a refund.

Day trading options can be extremely fast-paced and often times requires an active commitment. We acknowledge that it's not for everybody. While members do occasionally cancel because they cannot keep up with the trades, we have thousands of satisfied clients using our service every day that are pleased with our trading results.