Complaint Review: CITIGROUP

• Updated: Sat, October 15, 2011

• Reported By: Heather — Michigan USA
CITIGROUP
399 Park Avenue New York, New York United States of America

CITIGROUP Citibank Customer Service CITI Diamond Preferred Card - Credit Protector Fraud New York, New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Bottom line

I recently discovered I was paying approximately $30 a month on my CITI Diamond Preferred Credit Card for a Credit Protector service.  I found out that I have been paying for this service since November 2009.  The monthly interest on the balance I am currently carrying is about $30-$35 a month.  I pay this card with an automatically monthly payment from my checking account, about $70 a month.

Because I am paying off other cards with higher interest rates first, I just pay this card automatically and rarely log in to monitor the balance.  To my dismay, I found that I had not made ANY progress paying down this card in the last 15 months due to the interest & credit protector fee effectively cancelling out my payments!

I recently contacted CITI about this credit protector service to find when and HOW I got enrolled, as I NEVER authorized this service. [continued below]....
.....

They responded about 50 days later with a short reply that said they checked the tape and based on the conversation, that I HAD enrolled, and they will not refund the 15 months worth of charges.

Well this is obviously blatantly false, as I know that CITI routinely calls to sell me services I don't need, and I ALWAYS politely decline.  In this one instance back in November, 2009, however, the CITI employee took it upon themselves to enroll me COMPLETELY CONTRARY TO ME SAYING NO THANK YOU.

Not only is this completely unethical, they are denying me access to the tape!  How convenient!  This Citicard company is judge, jury, and executioner all wrapped up into one!

My advice is to STEER CLEAR OF CITIGROUP CITI CREDIT CARDS and take your business elsewhere.  If you are a current cardholder, check your statements and call/email them to immediately remove you if they have slammed you with this useless credit protector scam!  Ask for a refund, but good luck getting your money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2011 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CITIGROUP/New-York-New-York-/CITIGROUP-Citibank-Customer-Service-CITI-Diamond-Preferred-Card-Credit-Protector-Fraud-N-708407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CITIGROUP

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Bottom line

AUTHOR: Tagurit - (USA)

Inform CitiBank that you will be filing a complaint with the Attorney General of your state if they do not provide you with access to the call recording.

Bottom line, unfortunately, is that you have the responsibility of reviewing your credit card statements in detail every month and when you find suspicious charges you are required to take action in 30 days or less.   Sounds like someone at Citi is playing games but you also have some responsibility for not checking your statements in detail.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC