unexpected

• Submitted: Tue, April 13, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 13, 2010

• Reported By: Naomi — Fresno California United States of America
Castlerock Security Inc, SAI Security
2101 S. Arlington Heights Rd, Suite 150 Arlington Heights, Illinois United States of America

Castlerock Security Inc, SAI Security, Castle Rock Security, Inc. Renewed contract w/o notice except "it was written in the initial contract that w/o 30 days notice there would be automatic renewal" Arlington Heights, Illinois

My Castle Rock Security system has not worked properly for many months.  Their repairmen tell me it is the phone company's fault.  The phone company said it was the alarm system.  I changed over the comcast phone system, and my alarm continues to have issues.  I called the company many months ago and asked about canceling my account, they told me my account did not expire until March.  I called today to cancel (yes, a month after they told me my account expired) and now I am told I was automatically renewed for 12 months.  They told me today, that I would have needed to inform them 30 days prior to account expiration in order to avoid 12 month automatic renew.  This is information that I did not receive when I initially asked about canceling the account months ago.  I was told it was my fault - that it was all written in my initial contract.  I am obligated to continue paying, and my alarm system does not even work!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2010 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Castlerock-Security-Inc-SAI-Security/Arlington-Heights-Illinois-60005/Castlerock-Security-Inc-SAI-Security-Castle-Rock-Security-Inc-Renewed-contract-wo-not-592834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Castlerock Security Inc, SAI Security