• Report: #420254

• Submitted: Wed, February 04, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 05, 2009

• Reported By:Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin
Chase Bank
Po Box 94014 Palatine,, Illinois U.S.A.

Chase Bank Chase Bank - Passing the buck, destroying the economy, one person at a time. Palatine Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: US Bank

We've enjoyed our Chase Visa for 3 years ( mainly for business expenses ). We've never missed or even made a late payment. We're no-where near being maxed out. Chase even keeps raising our credit limit, although there is no need.

Well, we too got "the letter" from Chase that they're raising our rate. We've been considering a long time to go somewhere else anyway, because 12% seems unusally high for our high credit rating. I called, to see if they would reconsider our rate hike. The customer service rep said they are not reconsidering anyone's rates at this time. She said that the economy was to blame and that they were doing the rate increase to try to stay in business.

Well, maybe now the good customers have to pay more for the people who are going bankrupt. I'm not blaming these people. We're quickly entering a depression. But we are not going to be paying Chase more. Reading all the reports by others, I was quickly convinced to bail. I called US Bank, which offered me 0% for 12 months or 3.9% for life of loan with no transfer fee.

Mike
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2009 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank/Palatine-Illinois-60094-4014/Chase-Bank-Chase-Bank-Passing-the-buck-destroying-the-economy-one-person-at-a-time-Pa-420254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

US Bank

AUTHOR: Kay - (U.S.A.)

Did you even read the comments about US Bank on this website? It's horrible...I know I used to be a customer. When I finally got tired of them sucking me dry and ""tried" to close the account, it took me three times, a bunch of phone calls and frustration and when I finally was able to close the account, they tried to charge me almost 400.00 to do it. So, it was a battle all the way around, they're nothing but a bunch of crooks.
By the way, they are one of the few banks that didn't need the bailout...waunder why?
My husband and I went to Key Bank and they were good for two years, we were never over drawn on our account, now all of the sudden this past month they let a company (Direct TV) pull 581.00 out of our account. I check my account online on a daily bases and keep receipts for EVERYTHING that I have authorized, this I did NOT authorize and we didn't have enough to cover it, only 500.00 in the account. As soon as I seen that in our "pending", I drove right to the bank and told them that I did not authorize the transaction and after about a half an hour of nothing but double talk was told "there was nothing that they could do about it". They said that the only thing that could be done is that I fill out the papers to "protest" the transaction....ARE THEY KIDDING??!!! I filed the complaint and it is still in the "process" one month later. Since then, my husband and I called everyone that we have set up to do automatic withdrawls out of our account with because my husband is not getting a lot of hours in and his checks have been so small that since this transaction we have not had hardly any money to even buy food with. They have let other companies take money out when we didn't have the funds in there and now this week we owe them another 200.00 in overdraft fees that was caused by a 9.99 and 72.00 draft on the account and , get this, from a card that I cancled out almost a year and a half ago!!!!!!! They are still "checking" into that one. Now, mind you, we are in over draft already and today they let ANOTHER 6.99 (38.00 overdraft fee) come out of our account!!! I am calling the company that took it out about it to see if they can pay the charges because this was one of the companies that was told NOT to pull it out over 2 weeks ago, but the fact that the bank went ahead and let them when we already was in overdraft almost 200.00 is outragous!!!! After 2 years of good and loyal service it seems to come down to robbing us blind in the end. So, we're going to end up paying them about 400.00 in overdraft fees just this month.
My husband and I have come to the point that we don't trust any banks out there and are going to close our account with this bank, get a visa card from Wal-Mart, put the money we use for food and nessaties on it and just start sending money orders to pay bills with. It will be cheaper in the long run and we will finally have control over our own money.
Just something to think about.

formation