Complaint Review: Chavez Inc

• Updated: Sun, August 04, 2013

• Reported By: upset — Lake Havasu Arizona
Chavez Inc
255 Rochester St. Salamanaca, New York USA

Chavez Inc CD2U they did not pay any taxes on their products and are being indicted by the federal goverment for bootlegging now Im being stuck with the taxes Salamanca NY

*Consumer Comment: Shakedown City

Chaez Inc. seems to be mother co. of CD2U. I purchased cigarettes from them in 2008 and 2009. In Feb. 2009 I received a tax bill from AZ DOR for over $5000.00 for receiving unstamped cigarettes. The amount of cigarettes they claim I bought is outragous! The state claims that the consumer is responsable for all taxes. I never knew that there was any law concerning this. It seems that the consumers are responsable for the taxes the Indians do not pay, and we have no recourse for the amount of product we are being charged for. Chavez Inc. is already been indicted for bootlegging. Why should I be held responsable for their crimes?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2013 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chavez-Inc/Salamanaca-New-York-14779/Chavez-Inc-CD2U-they-did-not-pay-any-taxes-on-their-products-and-are-being-indicted-by-th-1072944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chavez Inc

Shakedown City

AUTHOR: FTNWO - ()

My wife received a letter from the office of NYS taxation that stated she was in violation of a internet tax law for the purchase of untaxed cigarettes. I seem to remeber that she purchased around 10 cartons spread over 4 deliveries. How The authorities involved in this investigation came up with a number of 83 cartons is unknown due to the fact that this letter shows no specific purchases. We are digging up our banking records from 6-7 years ago?, before we contact our State and Congressional representatives and ask for oversight in this matter. In closing, if you are the last person leaving the State of New York, please turn off the light...