Complaint Review: Checks Unlimited

• Submitted: Wed, February 22, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 23, 2006

• Reported By:Neshanic Station New Jersey
Checks Unlimited
PO Box 17400 Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.

Checks Unlimited Ripping Off Colorado Springs Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Not to defend Checks Unlimited.

Just recieved an invoice four boxes of duplichecks. My wife sent in for introductory offer at price of $19.95. Invoice we got was for $57.30!

Upon calling the toll free number to cancel order I was informed that we still owe the balance. They would graciously give us a discount of 40% off a balance due of $37.80. After complaining further was offered 50% instead. Not wanting these checks at this inflated pricing was told I could send checks back at my cost.

We would not have placed order if we knew they would process order without our approval. Now it is going to cost my time and money to get this squared away.

Eric
Neshanic Station, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2006 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Checks-Unlimited/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80935-7400/Checks-Unlimited-Ripping-Off-Colorado-Springs-Colorado-177548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Checks Unlimited

Not to defend Checks Unlimited.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I think that this is a sneaky marketing and sales ploy.

My guess would be that after the introductory offer period the account would revert to a standard account if not cancelled within a certain time period. So in effect you may have given approval to process an order.

Most itroductory offers work like this.

Whenever I am even considering any type of introductory offers, I make sure to read any and all small print for time limits.

Good luck.