Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Submitted: Fri, April 03, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 30, 2009

• Reported By:Fullerton California
Circuit City
circuitcity.com Brea, California U.S.A.

Circuit City Total Rebate Ripoff from Black Friday Laptop purchase! Brea California

*Author of original report: Rebate Received!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: THEY DO NOT EXIST

I purchased two HP laptops from Circuit City during the black friday sale in 2008 and immediately submitted the rebate forms for both. Online status showed everything fine. I also received an email in Jan 09 that the checks have been printed (with amount and check number) but have never received any checks. When I emailed to inquire on the status I was told to email after 30 days and they would reissue new checks. When I sent the email requesting new checks, I received this email:

If you are inquiring on the status of your Circuit City mail-in rebate, at this time we are unable to provide a status update as to your particular rebate submittal. It is our intent to provide further instructions as soon as they become available. Please visit http://investor.circuitcity.com/announcement.cfm
for the most current information. We appreciate your patience as we work through this difficult situation.

Today, I tried once again to check the web for an update and guess what the page no long exists! I am furious - $300 down the drain and I actually got up and stood in line at 2:30 a.m. to be ripped off! I could have bought these computers anywhere at what I ended up paying!

Circuit City should be held responsible for these rebates - big time rip-off!

Beth
Fullerton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2009 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/Brea-California-92821/Circuit-City-Total-Rebate-Ripoff-from-Black-Friday-Laptop-purchase-Brea-California-440440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City

Rebate Received!

AUTHOR: Beth - (U.S.A.)

WOW - what do you know! I finally received my rebate checks! I'm happy to report that Circuit City finally came through. I was totally surprised the other day to come home and find the rebate checks in my mailbox. Better late than never, for sure...

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

THEY DO NOT EXIST

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

Um, Circuit City no longer exist! Who exactly is going to be held responsible? They filed for bankruptcy before Black Friday. If you did not expect something like this, then you are a true sucker.