Complaint Review: City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau

• Submitted: Sat, July 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 25, 2009

• Reported By:SFV California
City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau
Post Office Box 30247 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau City of L.A. $400. parking ticket!!! Los Angeles California

My car was towed after my son and I were run off the road in the rain and bottomed out causing the electrical to go out in my Jetta. The car appeared to be in perfect condition but was totaled by the insurance company because of the above mentioned. AAA was called and a driver came and towed the car to E&C automotive on Reseda Blvd. in Reseda. Enterprise rent-a-car came and picked me up and I rented a car until I received a check from Progressive Insurance for the totaled Jetta.

A parking citation was issued on the Jetta because either the tow truck driver for AAA or an employee for E&C parked the car in an "illegal" parking spot. The last time I saw the car was right before the insurance company was coming to tow it away to remove my belongings and it was parked in the back parking lot of E&C behind the building. I did not receive the citation until last month because it was sent to my old address and forwarded to my ex-husband's mother's house.

I sent the Violations Bureau all of the above information and they had a hearing and they came to the conclusion that I am somehow responsible for the illegal parking job and I owe them $400. I am sending them a letter in response and I will be waiting for their reply. If they have another hearing and find me responsible for the ticket I WANT TO SUE THEM, the tow truck driver, or E&C...whomever is responsible!

Please advise!

Thanks.

JG
SFV, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2009 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau/Los-Angeles-California-90030-0247/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau-City-of-LA-400-parking-ticket-Los-Ang-473384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau