Complaint Review: Coast To Coast Grand Getaways

• Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By:Apache Junction Arizona
Coast To Coast Grand Getaways
www.gograndgetaways.com Englewood, Colorado United States of America

Coast To Coast Grand Getaways Do your homework on joining Coast to Coast Grand Getaways Englewood Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Here to Help!

I have not had any true rip-offs by this company, only no responses. This vacation club is sold by franchise organizations. You have 72 hours to cancel your membership. You don't have access to the computer for pricing until they call you. On my 3rd day, I called them to get set up, so I can make a fiscal decision to keep my membership. I got it set up. Now I had 3 hours to check out their claims of good prices. I checked out their cruises. Prices listed was the same as any internet cruise site. So I called them to get "my" price. They say they are there til 8pm, but the cruise people left at 5pm (reservations done in Florida). I called about resorts vacations, since they say the prices listed may not be what I get. He said he had to call to get a price and it would take at least 24 hours or more. This being Friday, he wouldn't call me til Monday. So it is virtually impossible to book a vacation and know your price on the same day. I tried calling the franchise company in Scottsdale, AZ, but they NEVER returned my phone calls. I have timeshare that they were taking off my hands as part of the transaction, but when I looked up the cost of one of my timeshare locations on their website, it was going to cost me the same amount as my annual maintenance fee, plus I have to pay an annual maintenance fee to Grand Getaways. So it was going to cost me more money. No savings there..............

They may be a good company, but when it takes so long to make plans on a trip or no one ever calls you back, red flags went up everywhere. I also checked into the company that handles their freebees for showing up at the sales presentation. They have the worst reputation, so why use them if you are good. I then took matters into my own hands and sent a fax to the franchise company that sold me the membership and a fax to Chicago Title, who handles their escrow account to make sure EVERYONE was aware that I was cancelling the membership within the 72 hour time frame. It seems like they would have called me back, but ONLY after my 72 hours timeframe for cancellation was up.

Jeff Apache Junction, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2008 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coast-To-Coast-Grand-Getaways/Englewood-Colorado/Coast-To-Coast-Grand-Getaways-Do-your-homework-on-joining-Coast-to-Coast-Grand-Getaways-En-307449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coast To Coast Grand Getaways

Here to Help!

AUTHOR: Coast to Coast Grand Getaways - (United States of America)

Hello! So you are aware, our regular business hours are 9am-6pm (EST)
M-F. Also, we do not have reoccurring maintenance fees apart from your
one-time, up-front membership purchase and annual or bi-annual renewal
fees. If you are still interested in using your membership for discount
travel or need assistance canceling your membership, please send me your
member number or contact info through the contact form on our blog: http://blog.gograndgetaways.com/contact-us/. I apologize for any delays you've experienced in the past.