Complaint Review: Compuserve

• Reported By:wilmington nc
Compuserve
Nationwide Nationwide U.S.A.

compuserve rebate problem

My wife and I purchased a Hewlett Packard computer with the Compuserve $400 rebate deal. They told us it would be 6 weeks before we received our rebate. We waited for 9 weeks and then tried to call. They kept putting us on hold for about 5 minutes and then hanging up on us! Eventually, after another week I got through and explained the situation. The lady said I would have to wait another 3 weeks, and she got smart with me which made me furious. I told her that I wanted to speak with her superior and she told me they were in a meeting (yeah right). She took a message for them to call me back. They never called. After another week I called again, and threatened to call the Better Business Bureau. The check arrived a week later. If you get the Compuserve rebate deal, be ready for a big hassle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compuserve/nationwide/compuserve-rebate-problem-1164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compuserve