Complaint Review: Consolidated Media

• Submitted: Sun, May 11, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, July 29, 2003

• Reported By:Goldsboro North Carolina
Consolidated Media
2550 Heritage Court Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

MOS Magazine CMS Consolidated Media Services ripoff theft Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: CMS Are Still Scam Artists

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ex-Employee of CrossMedia

Friday moring I found out that I had been charged over $600 by a MOS magazine, whom I never heard of. I called the Company's 800 number and they claimed my husband had ordered magazines and wouldn't give me any further information. My husband called and they claimed he ordered 5 magazines from them.

He does not have any recollection of ordering them. Neither one of us ever gives out our credit card number over the phone, so I do not know how they got it or where they got it. I also was billed almost $9.00 from a company called Questsavors and they had got my credit card company from from them. I think this Company also goes by Cross Media. They are very rude and hung up on me when I first called them. I contacted my bank and they will try and help me solve this dispute. I'll see how it goes and will post the outcome.

Rebecca
Goldsboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2003 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consolidated-Media/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/MOS-Magazine-CMS-Consolidated-Media-Services-ripoff-theft-Atlanta-Georgia-56512. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consolidated Media

CMS Are Still Scam Artists

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (U.S.A.)

Courtney, Since you did work for this so-called company, I'd like to know when these "confirmation" calls are made because my husband never recieved one, and we also never got anything in writing from the company. Which means we had no custumer service number, nor was my husband provided one over the phone. We got the 800 number from this website. As for the calls being recorded, when my husband finially did speak with someone, they played the so called conversation. It sounded absolutely nothing like my husband. Hmm maybe you can explain that? Maybe I can. There was no call, no order placed and no confirmation!!! CMS is a fraudenlent company and nothing you say will change my mind otherwise. I will not rest until I get my money back and believe me I WILL!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ex-Employee of CrossMedia

AUTHOR: Courtney - (U.S.A.)

O.K. people. I worked for Cross Media before their filing of bankruptcy. Yes, it is true. Some tele-marketers are bad. They will lie and cheat until you say yes. However, I worked in verification for Cross-Media and we were there to stop the lies.

I, and every other verifier there worked very hard to explain the terms apprpriatly and according to company policy. We tape recorded every conversation and had to get a firm "yes" from every subscriber.

You know that third call every one of you hated and would say "yeah-yeah i understand" or hung up on? it was there to ensure that you did understand. there is only a ten day cancellation policy...you knew that when you said yes. on top of that...we had a customer service department you could call if you had any complaints and or discrepancies with you order. The company can not do anything with an order unless they speak to the person who placed it personally...it involves a credit card. another thing is...if u decide to change your mind...of course were going to try and lower the price or give you what you want! we want business we are a company!!!! If you took all the time to place the order with sales....spoke with their supervisor.....then spoke to us.....you can take some time to cancel it. And if you dont want to cancel....you should at least by then understand what you are getting into to.