Door

• Submitted: Tue, August 19, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, August 21, 2003

• Reported By:Honolulu Hawaii
Credit Education
Nation Wide USA Nationwide U.S.A.

Credit Education I was approved for a credit card for 2,500 credit Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: It sounds like you've got it under control.

About a week ago I recieved a call on my cell phone. He thanked me for applying for his companies credit card (which I had applied for a credit card through a credit repair company). He then asked me for my information and of course I gave it to him.

I was then switched over to another person who asked me for the same infomation over again. This morning, 19 AUG 03 I was on my to work, and I recieved another call this time it was a women, who said I had applied for a card through their credit repair company. I stopped my car and said you guys just called me over the weekend and I gave you all my information.

She replied that nobody from her company had called verifing any information. I told her I wasn't interested and hung up the phone. When I got to work, I typed the phone number into my computer to find out that this number was linked to a scam.

I called my bank had my accounts closed, put a fraud alert on my credit files. I am also going to call my cell phone subscriber and let them know about this scam. I hope they catch these creeps, send them to afganistan so the next time we send some bombs over, we can rid the world of them. I am in the military and I don't make alot of money for what I do. He told me that they were going to take 298.00 from my checking, GOOD LUCK!

Pamela
Honolulu, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2003 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Education/nationwide/Credit-Education-I-was-approved-for-a-credit-card-for-2500-credit-Nationwide-65971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Education

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It sounds like you've got it under control.

AUTHOR: Jacqueline - (U.S.A.)

You cut them of from the cash, and it's good to let your cell phone company know, too.

For our records in building consistent information, could we have the names of the individuals you spoke to? These creeps are linked to other Rip-offs, and this helps to link the trail of corruption.

Any address, phone numbers or other information would also help.

Get back to us if they start phone stalking. It's happened in the past.

Thank you.