Complaint Review: Credit One Bank Credit Card

• Updated: Fri, May 21, 2010

• Reported By: sam — Tiger Georgia United States of America
Credit One Bank Credit Card
P.O. Box 60500 City of Industry, California United States of America

Credit One Bank Credit Card Fraudulent account opened in my name and I am having to pay to close it. City of Industry, California

*Consumer Comment: Your upset at the wrong person...

Someone opened an account in my name and used a PO Box address unknown to me. A $250 credit line was accessed and never paid so late fees and over the limit fees accumulated as well as finance charges and annual fees monthly. I had it paid off in 6 months so I thought. They never closed the account and added late fees again and the monthly annual fee. To top it off, they charged me another 6.50  to "close" the account and for some reason wanted to know my monthly income, which i declined to tell them. The only reason I decided to pay it  off was that I found out who had opened the account and I didn't want to prosecute. But the company sure wouldn't do anything like reverse some of the fees. I hope the government finds out about banks like this and puts every one of them out of business. The high fees and interest rates are ridiculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2010 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank-Credit-Card/City-of-Industry-California-91716/Credit-One-Bank-Credit-Card-Fraudulent-account-opened-in-my-name-and-I-am-having-to-pay-605781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank Credit Card

Your upset at the wrong person...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The only reason I decided to pay it off was that I found out who had opened the account and I didn't want to prosecute.

- By doing that YOU took full responsibility.  So since YOU opened up the account YOU are subject to the terms of the account.  Yes that includes the fees and interest that they assess.  You may think it is unfair, but unless you are willing to prosecute any bank is going to hold you fully responsible.

Perhaps you should have written a RipOff report on the person who STOLE YOUR IDENTITY.  Or better yet if you don't want to prosecute them, file a civil suit against them for the money.  I would bet you would get them to pay pretty quickly, after all it is probably not to late to still have them charged with Identity Theft.  They may see paying you a few hundred dollars is a lot better than a few years at a new address courtesy of your local law enforcement officials.

continuous