Complaint Review: Creditors Interchange

• Submitted: Fri, June 13, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 13, 2008

• Reported By:New Britain Connecticut
Creditors Interchange
80 Holtz Drive Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

Creditors Interchange Called with a debt from Capital One and threatened litigation if I didn't pay in full immediately. Buffalo New York

I have been receiving threatening called from Creditors Interchange. The man who calls is a "Mr. Brown" and he says that he works for their legal department and that there is pending litigation against me. I immediately became suspicious because he said he was in New York and since I live in CT, they would have to hire a CT lawyer to sue me. I did some research online and found all sorts of stories about how they illegally threaten people.

I made an attempt to call this Mr. Brown. He said he worked for CI's litigation department and that they work for Capital One's litigation department. This I also found suspicious because I doubt Capitol One would have to hire someone else like that to sue me for my only $900 debt. He told me my only options were to pay a "lower" amount of $800 something right away. I told him I was unemployed and that the only way I could pay him was to borrow money and that I'd have to talk to some people. He then said that meant I was giving "direct refusal" and that they would then sue me and it might end up costing me $2500. I told him I did not have the money to pay him right now and that I couldn't just make it appear. He then gave me the same threat about "direct refusal" and how I had to pay right now, so I told him I wasn't going to deal with him if he was threatening me, and I hung up.

Even though I know what they are doing is likely illegal and that they aren't actually suing me (would they really sue for only $900?) I am still terrified.

Amy
New Britain, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2008 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Creditors-Interchange/Buffalo-New-York/Creditors-Interchange-Called-with-a-debt-from-Capital-One-and-threatened-litigation-if-I-d-339942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Creditors Interchange