Complaint Review: Cross Country Bank

Nationwide U.S.A.

Cross Country Bank Rip Off,

*Consumer Comment: If only I did the research on Cross Country Bank

*Consumer Comment: Rip Off is right

If you have ever thought about obtaining a credit card make sure you research the firm first. I did not and same on me. I recieved a call from Cross Country Bank almost two year ago and accepted a credit care from them. Worst mistake I ever made. I have paid for this mistake with late fees (although I always paid over the minimum due and was told that would keep me from ever having a late charge, to having the basic agreement changed, and interest rates increased with my knowledge or approval. I had several item charged by Cross Country which I did not order. These were items such as Travel Protection, Card Protection, Payment Protection, etc. etc. Many of which would simple push the card over limit and yep guessed it an over the limit fee. I had a $200 payment withdrawn from my checking account by these folks without my permission.

Not too long ago they were investigated, but nothing seemed to happen to them. There was a class action suit, but ho one seems to know what the status is. Bottom line is, someone somewhere needs to put Cross Country out of business. Oh, and by the way, if you complain to Cross Country, write letters, etc. you will find you seem to get even more of those strange charges, and your account begins to have even more problems. Payments that were sent is seemed to never arrive and yep you guessed, then we get the late fee.

I am done with Cross Country, my account is closed, and I have written to all credit reporting agencies to dispute the negative iems on my reports. Sad to say I had to call them since I had paid off the account, and they had the nerve to send me another late charge after they were paid off. I now have a letter which states the account is paid in full and closed. I suggest you do the same. I wonder why the Consumer Protection Agency has done nothing, and why Cross Country Bank (which is not even a real bank) is allowed to continue operations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cross-Country-Bank/nationwide/Cross-Country-Bank-Rip-Off-6371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cross Country Bank

If only I did the research on Cross Country Bank

AUTHOR: Angela - (U.S.A.)

I would not be in the mess I am in right now if only I did the research on this rip off bank! They have the nerve to charge me .50 cents on an account that is supposed to be closed.

They received a pay off last month throught a debt management program and this month they are adding there $10.00 maintenance fee for the account because they put in .50 minimum Finance charge for a ZERO BALLANCE. They refuse to close my account.

I have contacted my debt management program for assistance and waitting for a responce. Even though it's only $10.50, I don't want to have anything more to do with this company.

In the past, they have harrassed me on the phone, out right lied to me, and they tried to ignore the debt management program by saying they knew nothing about it. I am glad to see people are writting in about them, I hope this info will help others not to join Cross Country Bank.

Rip Off is right

AUTHOR: Janas - (U.S.A.)

I have been charged everytime I use the long distance number to check my balance....3.00 each time I call. Then they wait until the end of the montha and charge you so they can get the 30.00 late charge.

As soon as I am able I will close my account and NEVER use anything they have to offer. They have charge me for things and I have tried to dispute the charges and never have they helped only the operators are nasty talking and I hate the bank and everything about it.

They take your credit our immediately but then they don't put it on your account or add your credits or payments for 10 days evn if they are taking the money directly our of your checking account and they have the money but you can't buy anything. This place stinks.

I will NEVER do oany business with people again!! I think they should be sued!