adults

• Submitted: Wed, April 25, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By: mpk1970 — Lighthouse Point Florida United States of America
DISH TV
PO Box 9040, Littleton, CO 80160-9040 Littleton, Colorado United States of America

DISH TV Poor Service, Bad Reception, Hidden Fees, NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!! Littleton Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Signla loss

I live in South Florida but never expected such horrible signal from DISH.  My dish has went out over the past year from 30-50 times.  No exaggeration.  I called often in the beginning to which they said there is not much we can do.  The lack of TV lasted anywhere from 30 minutes to hours and hours.

After a few times, with little help, no credit, not even "hey we'll give you a free movie, give you 5 cents credit, or send you a picture of our CEO at least"  I didn't even bother to call.

So after 1 year, my bill goes up out of the blue about $23/mo.  I see this call complain about not knowing this.  Not only did they not try to help they were rude about it.  So I said cancel it.  From there she went on to inform me of the following:

1)  I will have a cancellation fee of $210 for early termination

" I said wait a minute",  your service is downright defective, signal loss happens every other day it seems, and you want me to pay a cancellation fee for terminating something after raising my monthly bill and providing poor service.

All I can say is, GO WITH CABLE!!  I dont care if it is 20,30,40 dollars more for everything.  There is not all these hidden fees, headaches, signal loss, disruption of service, etc...

TRUST ME NEVER EVER GO WITH DISH!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2012 04:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-TV/Littleton-Colorado-80160-9040/DISH-TV-Poor-Service-Bad-Reception-Hidden-Fees-NEVER-NEVER-AGAIN-Littleton-Colorado-873444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH TV

Signla loss

AUTHOR: Alicia_B_DISH - (United States of America)

I understand your frustration and apologize about the trouble you were having with your signal going out. There is several things that can affect the signal. We can send a tech out to verify that something else is not causing the issue other than the weather.

There will be times when service is affected due to inclement weather. When you have equipment leased through us it is still under warranty and we cover the cost to replace the equipment if needed.

If a technician is required to make a home visit there is a charge for that but we will not charge you any additional fees to replace the equipment if needed.  Because we understand it may be difficult for customers we do offer a service plan to help with this cost.  Our service plan is like no other company out there.  We have taken the needs of our customers and created a resolution for them through our service plan. Our service plan is available at any time even if you already have an existing issue.  Our goal is to provide customers satisfaction. We make every effort to resolve any technical issues through not only our agents who are trained to trouble shoot and resolve issues over the phone with you, but also online at our website we provide trouble shooting
steps as well as agents you can chat with. I apologize if none of these steps were successful in resolving your concern. Any time there is an issue that has the ability to be corrected if we are given the opportunity the cancel fee would be enforced if a customer declines and elects to cancel. Most companies have cancel fees however, unlike most companies we prorate your cancel fee; soif you do choose to disconnect you are rewarded for the time you did stay with us If you have any other questions please let us know.

Alicia.Brink@DISH.com