muscle

• Updated: Sun, January 30, 2005

• Reported By:Sultan Washington
Delta Airlines
www.delta.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Delta Airlines ripoff! I have not received compensation for my 5 missing bags or the $400 for Jetblue tickets I bought because of their mess up. Internet

I flew Delta airlines on Dec 24th, 2004. I flew from Seattle. My final destination was Buffalo, NY with a layover in Atlanta. When we reached Atlanta, we were told that our flight was canceled due to computer problems. We were told that we needed to run to another concourse to catch a flight to LaGuardia, NY. When we reached the gate, the agent messed up our return flight to Seattle.

When we got to LaGuardia, it was 2 am on xmas day. We waited 2 hours in line to talk to a representitive. Once we got the chance to talk to someone, they told us we would have to spend a week in the airport or until a rental car opened up at our cost. They said they could not put us in a hotel room and that no accomidations were going to be made to get us to Buffalo. Side Note: Delta doesn't fly from LaGuardia of JFK to Buffalo!!!!

No rental cars were available. I was able to take a $35 taxi to JFK and get 4 tickets on Jetblue airlines for $400. I arrived in Buffalo on xmas day with no bags. I received 2 out of 7 bags one week later. I am still missing 5 bags. Delta has given me $800 for basic nessecities and four $200 vouchers. I have not received compensation for my 5 missing bags or the $400 for Jetblue tickets.

Getting ahold of anyone by phone is impossible. When we went to Buffalo airport, about 2000 bags were unattended and people were coming and going taking what they wish. Delta or airport police were not enforcing any rules. Someone probably stole my bags. Beware of Delta... they don't care about you!!!!

Scott
Sultan, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2005 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Delta-Airlines/nationwide/Delta-Airlines-ripoff-I-have-not-received-compensation-for-my-5-missing-bags-or-the-400-129491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Delta Airlines