defined

• Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: hfjc — London United Kingdom
DeluxeHire
Internet United Kingdom

DeluxeHire Blessing Taylor t/a DeluxeHire Last minute let down and failure to refund London, United Kingdom

I think it's fairly obvious that the hysterical rebuttal above to the original report on DeluxeHire is written by the owner or her husband!  Great stuff.

Anyway, my experience is this.  We hired some stuff for an event.  Within hours of the event beginning I was called with the news that my items weren't in fact available.  Being a calm sort of chap I was more interested in dealing with it than getting annoyed so we agreed on a full refund immediately and I made other last minute arrangements.

After a few weeks of chasing I eventually received the credit note, but no transfer of cash.  After weeks of chasing I eventually got a call with the story about cashflow etc etc.  Being an understanding sort of chap I thought I would allow a bit of room to manoeuvre and lay off.  After a further two weeks I sent another email as agreed and was roundly ignored.

I am not going to let this go - I can see this is happening to a lot of people and it is more than I am willing to stand for as a very small business.  Paying back these sums should be the top priority because once the reputation of this firm is destroyed then that's it for everyone.

What really ticks me off is that 100 of the sum was a deposit which should have been ringfenced and thus been available immediately.  I hope they sort this out soon.  I am now starting formal proceedings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 03:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DeluxeHire/internet/DeluxeHire-Blessing-Taylor-ta-DeluxeHire-Last-minute-let-down-and-failure-to-refund-Londo-1013368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DeluxeHire