Complaint Review: DeluxeHire

• Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: hfjc — London United Kingdom
DeluxeHire
Internet United Kingdom

DeluxeHire Blessing Taylor t/a DeluxeHire Last minute let down and failure to refund London, United Kingdom

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Hugh Carter

*Author of original report: Eventually got the refund

I think it's fairly obvious that the hysterical rebuttal above to the original report on DeluxeHire is written by the owner or her husband!  Great stuff.

Anyway, my experience is this.  We hired some stuff for an event.  Within hours of the event beginning I was called with the news that my items weren't in fact available.  Being a calm sort of chap I was more interested in dealing with it than getting annoyed so we agreed on a full refund immediately and I made other last minute arrangements.

After a few weeks of chasing I eventually received the credit note, but no transfer of cash.  After weeks of chasing I eventually got a call with the story about cashflow etc etc.  Being an understanding sort of chap I thought I would allow a bit of room to manoeuvre and lay off.  After a further two weeks I sent another email as agreed and was roundly ignored.

I am not going to let this go - I can see this is happening to a lot of people and it is more than I am willing to stand for as a very small business.  Paying back these sums should be the top priority because once the reputation of this firm is destroyed then that's it for everyone.

What really ticks me off is that 100 of the sum was a deposit which should have been ringfenced and thus been available immediately.  I hope they sort this out soon.  I am now starting formal proceedings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 03:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DeluxeHire/internet/DeluxeHire-Blessing-Taylor-ta-DeluxeHire-Last-minute-let-down-and-failure-to-refund-Londo-1013368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DeluxeHire

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Hugh Carter

AUTHOR: DeluxeHire - (United Kingdom)

Hugh Carter was fully refunded as acknowleged.

DeluxeHire provides services for private and corporate clients, photographers, hotels, production and television companies across the UK.  We successfully deliver hundreds of orders to various events every year. Clients who seek high-end deluxe products to create unique, memorable and successful events come to us. Our customer base is strong. We stock over 2000 products from major suppliers in the hospitality and events industry. And those are some of the reasons why we remain in business today despite all the many challenges the business has faced.

At DeluxeHire, it is rear that we cancel an order but occasionally it happens. Hugh ordered some champagne punch bowls but due to landlord issues, we could not fulfil the order. Hugh has since been fully refunded.

We are now in a good place with our business.

DeluxeHire Customer Service

Catering and Event Equipment Hire. London

Eventually got the refund

AUTHOR: hfjc - ()

The credit note was honoured some months later when I was eventually contacted by Deluxe Hire.