Complaint Review: Direct TV

PO Box6414 , Select State/Province USA
  • Phone: 800-531-5000
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Direct TV Company took funds from my account without permission Carol Stream ILLINOIS

*Consumer Comment: Here is the policy

*General Comment: still your fault...

I got behind on my cable bill, called to make payment arrangements. It wasn't satisfactory to them. Direct Tv send me a box to send my equipment back. Which I promptly did. Without any notification Direct Tv took $453.32 out of my account. Direct Tv could have send a letter stating that they were taking the funds on a particular day.

They did not, when I called to complaint they refused to reverse the charge which is causing me an inconvience with other payments coming out of my account. I called again to speak with a supervisor. after the rep hung up on me.

Supervisor Mildred Holmes wasn;t helpful I asked to reverse charge maybe we can set up payment arrangements. refused I asked her for a higher up manager she refused to give me his name, stating that he/she will call me.

In the meantime I filed a claim with my bank and with the better business bureau. Their practice is shady, I didn't  cancel they did for non-payment. I am being penalized for early termination  fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Select-StateProvince/Direct-TV-Company-took-funds-from-my-account-without-permission-Carol-Stream-ILLINOIS-1076470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

Here is the policy

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Payment Upon Cancellation.  You acknowledge that you have provided your credit or debit card account information to us. You understand that you will incur fees and charges as a result of your receipt and use of Service and/or Receiving Equipment, and may incur early cancellation fees and/or equipment non-return fees (as specified  in any lease, programming  or other service commitment agreement you entered into). By giving us your credit or debit card account information at any time, you authorize us to apply this method of payment, in accordance with applicable law, to satisfy any and all amounts due upon cancellation. You also acknowledge and agree that you are required to maintain current credit or debit card information with us and agree to notify us whenever there is a change in such information, such as a change in the card number or the expiration date and additionally, that DIRECTV may obtain such updated information through payment card networks, card issuers or other third party sources.

You did not fulfill the contract therefore you are subject to the fees WHEN you signed said agreement

#2 General Comment

still your fault...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Whether it was from you cancelling or cancelled because of non payment, its still your fault and you have to pay the ETF. Its in the contract paperwork you originally signed when they came to install your services. The amount they took out would be what you owed from your bill plus the $250.oo ETF. Why should they call you or send you notice for something you agreed too previously. When you gave them your card information, and signed the contract for service you gave them permission if for ANY REASON your service contract was terminated to withdraw these funds. Maybe next time READ THE CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!

You can cry all you like but it still wont absolve you of your responsabilities. This is the problem with the consumer today. You THINK they will work with you, they wont. You THINK youre above what you signed, youre not. Now these companies are holding ppl not only to the contract they signed, but they will even tack on interest on the money you owe because you havent paid it.