Complaint Review: Discover Card - Discover Financial Services

• Updated: Thu, September 17, 2009

• Reported By: CKConsumer — Atlanta Georgia USA
Discover Card - Discover Financial Services
P.O. Box 30943 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Discover Card - Discover Financial Services UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES FO"Purchase Protection" AND "Credit Report" services Salt Lake City, Utah

I am also faced with "Purchase Protection" as well as "Credit Report" charges that I did not authorize!

I became suspicious when a RUDE Telemarketer called me at work to sell similar services for Discover.  This guy IGNORED my responses that I did not want the services.  He just continued talking as if I hadn't said a thing!  It made me wonder, and I went back and looked at my statements -- and found the UNAUTHORIZED charges totalling more than $550 over a period of time.

To date, they have not refunded the money...

I FILED A COMPLAINT with the Federal Trade Commission, but I am considering a law suit.

This has obviously beed going on for some time, someone stated on this site that we should not blame Discover, but I disagree.

Dispite the complaints and mishandling of the Marketing, Discover continues to use these unethical telemarketing companies.  It is a DIRECT reflection on Discover and they should be held accountable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2009 09:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discover-Card-Discover-Financial-Services/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-83130/Discover-Card-Discover-Financial-Services-UNAUTHORIZED-CHARGES-FOPurchase-Protection-496722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discover Card - Discover Financial Services