Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Reported By: JamesK — Holly Springs North Carolina United States of America
Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian Blvd Englewood, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network Echostar Bait and Switch Dishonest Englewood, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Gift card trouble.

I recently signed up for Dish Network only because they were offering a promotion of a $200 Amazon gift card for signing a two-year contract.  I received an email a few weeks later stating they were sending me a Kmart gift card.  I contacted them at least half a dozen times to try to get it switched to the right card.  I told them that I was not trying to take advantage of them and would be happy to return the unused Kmart gift card in exchange for the Amazon gift card or even a bill credit.

Every person I talked to gave me a different story as to what happened:  1)  The salesman you talked to on the phone typed in the Kmart gift card code.  2)  The salesman typed in the correct code, but Amazon sent you a Kmart card so it is Amazon's fault.  3)  The salesman typed in the correct code, but somehow our rewards department send out the wrong card.

I escalated it all the way up the line to the senior customer complaint team.  They told me they were sorry that I did not get the card I wanted, but maybe I could just buy someone a big birthday present with it.  They said they could not switch it out for the right card and there was a note on my account saying not to give me a bill credit.  I asked to talk to the department who put that note on there and was told that no one, including the CSR herself, was allowed to talk to them or email them.

I have never seen a company that admits that something is their fault but tells you that you are the loser for their incompetence.  I will be canceling my service the day my contract runs out as I have never been treated so poorly in all my life.  How can you tell a customer that they have to suffer because of your mistake?

I emailed the CEO and filed a complaint with the BBB.

Whatever you do, stay away from Dish Network!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2012 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Echostar-Bait-and-Switch-Dishonest-Englewood-Colorado-840778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Gift card trouble.

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hello! This is Dan Busa with DISH Social Media. I would like to start off by apologizing for the issue at hand. It does sound like the wrong promotional code may have been entered upon sign up. Please send me an email at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com I look forward to assisting you!

Daniel Busa