• Report: #719989

• Reported By: Jose — Lubbock Texas USA
Dish Network

Dish Network AFNI No response Internet

*Author of original report: Email

*Consumer Comment: Don't hold your breath.....................

*UPDATE Employee: Would like to help!

Dishnetwork employs a company called AFNI to handle collections for their department.  Back around 5 years ago I had Dishnetwork as a cable provider and loved it.  I had to cancel Dishnetwork cause I was leaving out of the country for around 4-6 months.  I was under no contract and advised Dishnetwork that I was cancelling and what I needed to do to to cancel services.  The company sent me a box to return all items to Dish such as the DVR and etc.  I paid a final bill and thought everything was good.  I got back in out of the country and noticed I had received a bill from Dish and that Dish had already sent it to their collection department.  This collection was reported onto my credit file and I have since then disputed the validaty of the account. I don't owe Dish but if they would remove the collection account from my credit file I would be more than happy to pay the amount the company states I owed.  I have been trying to get this account removed and paid for the past 4 years but the only thing I get in response is that the debt has been verified.  If Dishnetwork wants their money so much to assign it to collections then why is collections not willing to collect a payment from me.  My next step is to file a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission as well as seek legal council if this does not resolve anything.  This is just for an amount of $106.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2011 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/internet/Dish-Network-AFNI-No-response-Internet-719989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

AUTHOR: Jose - (USA)

Have tried to email the dishnetwork rep using different variations of the email address you (Mary) gave but all keeps coming back as non deliverable.

Don't hold your breath.....................

AUTHOR: zoey - (United States of America)

expecting that an employee from Dishnetwork is going to solve your problem.  Me too, I had the expectation that staff from the Executive Resolution Team (Eric Holland and Chandra Rusk (720) 514-8555 x 71128 were really going to do the right thing.  But after talking with both of them, It did not take me a long time to figure out what was going on.  They are the #1 culprits, fostering fraud big time.

They convey the same message (reading from a script).  I am not kidding you.

They are in the business of ripping consumers off, not to solve any billing/collection problem that you hav e.

They only care of sucking your last drop of blood.  Look for my posting and contact me if you ever

want to see justice served.

if you look for posting #719989 and 718135 you'll find me.

Good luck to you.  Only united we can stop the con-artist taken advantage of us (consumers)

Would like to help!

AUTHOR: MaryB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hi Jose, my name is Mary Catherine and I work on the Dish Network Internet Response Team. I came across your post today and I am truly sorry you are having this issue. I would like to research this issue and see if there is some way that I can assist you in getting this resolved. If you are interested in my offer, please feel free to e-mail me the account information (account# or phone #) and the full name on the account. I will get you some answers as to what the charge is and how we can get this resolve. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Mary Catherine Brady